Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Mall Fun

On Saturday it was gloomy and rainy outside so we decided to go to the mall and let Liam run around.  There were a million kids at the play area and before we entered Chris looked at me and asked if I was sure we wanted to let him go in.  I said yeah and we stuck close to him.  He had a blast and held his own against the much larger children.  I can say I was honestly amazed at how some parents let there children run wild and some were well over the height limit.  One girl was doing flips over truck that the kids could climb in, she kept kicking people with her feet as she would flip.  She even yelled over at her mom more than once to watch her and the mom just didn't care that she was landing on other children. AMAZING.  Anyway, Liam had a good time, unfortunately I failed at pictures.  After that we went on a train ride around the food court.
Our ride!
He seemed to have a good time.
He mainly enjoyed watching other people!
We bought Liam a mini basketball at a toy store on our way out, which is loves.  He ended up throwing it against the back seat of the car and had it bounce back to him.  Chris and I were cracking up!
We stopped for dinner at an On the Border restaurant to get a Mexican food fix (not the best Mexican food, but it'll do in a pinch).  We won't be returning to that particular location.  
1. The hostess forgot the high-chair, so we had to ask a second time for that.
2. The waiter took forever to get to us initially to get our drink orders.
3. The waiter forgot to bring our queso dip, so we had to ask a second time for that.  
4. The waiter forgot to provide silverware, so we had to ask for that.
5. The waiter never refilled our drinks or the bowl of chips, so we had to ask for that.
6. The food was slow in getting out to us and Liam's didn't even show up at the same time as ours, so we had to ask a second time for that.  
7. The waiter took so long making guacamole at another table we had to ask someone else's server for to-go boxes and the check.  
Eventually Sarah and a cranky Liam were waiting near the entrance for me to pay and asked the hostess to have a manager or anyone else just bring me the check so we could pay and leave, and the manager spoke with Sarah and insisted we not pay at all.  I didn't argue.  Aunt Mindy would have been proud.




3 comments:

Brandi said...

Sounds like a fantastic dining experience!

JennaHagen said...

boo for the bad experience, yay for the free meal!

Geoff and Beth said...

The Asian lady on the train looks scared!

Joan calls the play places at the mall "petri dishes" for good reason I think!