Last week we finished making our backyard area a little more kid friendly! The boys now have a huge sandbox, and a little patch of fake carpet grass, AKA Liam's "baseball field". On Monday morning Grandpa C. was going to be delivering the pea gravel. All the sudden Liam says "We should sing a song" Then starts singing "Grandpa's a good guy, Momma's a good guy." It was funny. They LOVE being outside and it really turned out great. We couldn't have done it without Grandpa I just wish there was more shade, but I can't have it all ;)
Colin playing on the baseball field
The boys
Colin is also a very outdoor baby. He loves to play in the water table or pool and then go sit in the sandbox. So usually he comes in with a very muddy bottom.
Wednesday morning the boys and I were on a mission to get some things done! First stop was Safeway to order some cupcakes for Colin's birthday. The nice lady in the bakery gave each boy a cookie. They were very happy.
When we got home Liam wanted to be outside and of course it was blazing hot. So I used our weak tree to hold up a shade umbrella it worked like a charm!
Grandpa Snay's birthday was Wednesday. We all went over to the house to celebrate.
Grandpa and his new water jug.
I was feeding Colin nice chopped up bites of pizza when he decided he wanted the whole thing! He did great at taking bites and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Liam helped Grandpa blow out his candles.
Then we went outside and played. Playing out back at G & G's is great because they have a nice big shade tree and lots of grass. The boys can run anywhere and I don't have to worry too much. Although, Liam is becoming quite dare devilish with the swing set.
Colin and Grandma blowing bubbles
Liam running around.
In other big news, Colin upgraded to a bigger car seat! We decided to get a new one for Liam since it would convert to a booster seat when we need.
Anyway this little peanut seems to enjoy his new ride, even though he still has to face backwards..
Friday the boys and I had an adventure together. I decided that I would take both of them to Vegas with just me. I wanted to get Colin's one-year pics done and thought a trip to Costco before the party would be a great idea. We had a lovely trip. On our way there Liam was looking out the window and said "Look at all that trash on the mountains" He was referring to houses on the mountains but since they looked so small he thought it was trash. Ha! Then on our way through Boulder, he saw his "Angry Monsters" aka as transmission towers. Anyway, these ones had orange ball looking things on them and Liam said "Hmmm, that's a different looking monster." He is a funny guy. Colin got his pictures and we even had a half smile in one of the pictures. Then we went to Kay Jewelers so I could get my ring cleaned. The boys were hungry after that so we made a stop at Cinnabon, then a quick trip to Hobby Lobby of course, and lastly Costco. Costco was the only part that got a little interesting. Liam said he needed to go potty so we went to the bathroom but his underwear must have gotten caught somehow and he peed on them while he was going to the bathroom. I couldn't believe it. I'm still not sure how or what happened since I was there with him the whole time! We grabbed some lunch on the way out of town and both boys fell fast asleep on the way home.
Later that evening Liam wanted to take some pictures. Here is a self portrait, Ha!
2 comments:
Good idea with the astro turf and tree-umbrella Ü
Yeah, I just to Roslynn to a check up today and the paperwork they gave me said she's supposed to be rear facing until 23 months---news to me!
I know they say up to 2 years but we turned Liam at 18 months :) I hope you are doing well!
Post a Comment