Thursday, August 8, 2013

Exciting Stuff!

I'm a little behind, as usual, but I have been working more than normal and the boys were sick.  Last Monday (7/29) we took Liam to check out a preschool/daycare.  I had been on a waiting list since March and they said at that time there should be some openings in August.  When I called to check in they said there was no one on the waiting list.  I was going to be upset but there were openings so it was all good! We checked out the place and Liam thought it was pretty cool so we decided to sign him up for two half-days a week and see how he does.  Basically, we felt he needed some social interaction because he LOVES being around other kids and lets face it Kingman doesn't have much to offer during the week.  Afterwards we had a lovely lunch date.  As we were sitting eating our Sonic, Liam said he needed to use the potty.  I hurried frantically getting Colin and our food gathered so I could walk him over to the bathroom.  I was sure he had already gone by the time we made it to the bathroom but he hadn't!  It was one proud mom moment!  
He has been doing really well with potty training except for a few accidents here and there.
Last Wednesday Hayley was in town with her kiddos, they stopped by for a quick visit.
Colin, Isla, and Liam
Greta stayed close to her momma
Isla and Liam had a blast.  Isla would take water out of the water table and pour it in the pool and then Liam would take a bucket of water out of the pool and pour it in the water table.  I thought it was quite hilarious.
This sweet boy likes to dance when you tell him too.
These sweet boys LOVE playing outside with the water table.
On to some exciting stuff!  Colin started walking Friday night!! Of course it happened while Chris was gone.  He was on his He-Man Woman Haters camping trip.  Anyway, Liam had a maraca and Colin wanted it and he just walked on over! Then on Saturday he continued to show of his walking skills!
I was trying to catch a sweet photo of this boy for his 1st birthday invitations!  He struck a few poses.
I love babies in overalls!
While Chris was gone camping the boys were both sick.  I was wiping snot right and left and neither of them slept very well at all!  Saturday Liam even started running a mild fever.  It made for a couple long nights without Chris.  He was so kind to come home late Saturday night and got up with the kids all night long.  Thanks hunny!
More exciting stuff: Tuesday (8/6)  Liam had his first day of "school".  We decided to send him on the days that I work so Grandpa gets a little break.  Chris took him on his first day.  He got a couple pictures.
Heading into school with his George backpack!
Apparently Liam had a very easy time parting from his dad once he spotted this police car to play in.
He had a great day and told us how he ate beans (we are assuming that was part of lunch).  He even went back for a second day today and seemed to love it.  I am so happy that it seems to be working out well so far!
Yesterday, Grandpa Casson came over and helped me build a big sand box for the kiddos.  This house we moved into has TONS of stickers in the backyard so we decided to fix up about 1/3 of it so the kids can play.  I cleared a 10x10 area and attempted to scrape all the stickers out for a play area. After we got the first load of sand Liam was perfectly satisfied!
It was wonderful tonight.  The playset is in place and the boys enjoyed being outside.  I think we will spend a lot of evenings out back :)


1 comment:

UsIves said...

Liam is so grown up and CUTE!! And great moves, Colin! ;)