Sunday, December 25, 2016

Christmas Eve Evening

First a couple funny things that happened in December...
1.  Amelia and I had gone to Maurices to get a last minute gift that Sadie wanted for Christmas.  While we were there she discovered a purse.  I told her no a few times and when we went to leave she still had a firm grip on it.  I told her no one more time and she looked up at me with her little blue eyes and her cute little voice and said "but momma I wuv it"  Needless to say she got the purse that day.
2. When Amelia is cranky we tell her "you're cranky" then she will say "I not cranky, I Amelia!"  or "I happy." Well one day Colin was being a little cranky and Amelia says "Colin's cranky, I not cranky, I happy!"  She cracks me up some days.

After our morning and early afternoon business we came home and relaxed.  We had some dinner and then made some cookies for Santa.  All the kiddos decorate cookies and had a great time.  We probably should have decorated before we bathed them, ha!
This girl liked to lick the frosting
Colin getting a little assistance
Family
Helping my baby girl
Sweet boy was attempting some pictures on the cookies for Santa.
Then he wrote the note to Santa on his plate
Quick evening snack
Cookies, Carrots, and milk is ready!
Then we sprinkled the lawn with reindeer food Colin made at school.
It was wet and cold, Liam grabbed my boots, ha!
Sweet gal
Tracking Santa to see how quickly we needed to get to bed.
Then the Christmas Eve tradition carried on of opening a book before bed.
Liam got "It was the Night Before Christmas: A Brick Story"  It was illustrated as Legos and he loved it.
Colin got Lego City "Save this Christmas"
and Amelia got "Christmas in the Castle" various Disney princess Christmas stories
We had our warm fire and read the new books
Christmas Eve is my favorite.  I love the anticipation of it all.
After books the kiddos checked the Santa tracker one last time and it was time for bed.
Chris and I stayed up watching a Christmas movie and wrapping presents which I love.  
Then we finished up and went to bed.
Santa came!

No comments: