After that we were going to go to the zoo but it was very windy. We have been to the zoo multiple times but I love it and it is so nice during the fall. Instead we drove around the DC area, Georgetown, Embassy Row, and just looked around. Then, due to my bladder being crushed on a hourly basis, we had to stop at the Library of Congress so I could use the facilities. Not that either of us mind; we love this building and it is one of our favorites. On the way back to the car there is another building called the Folger Shakespeare Library that we have never been in so we decided to check it out. To our surprise there was an AWESOME theater inside, so yes we bought tickets to see Henry VIII this coming Saturday.
Chris' favorite place to drive, we actually made it through in one try!
Library of Congress
Outside the Folger Shakespeare Library (Yes Chris made me imitate the statue)
This squirrel was barking at us on our way back to the car. I think he was afraid we were going to steal his food.
On Sunday we headed to the Newseum, we have talked about going FOREVER and finally made it! It was really neat and it is 6 floors, so of course we did not get through everything. We made sure to go the exhibits we were interested in. An exhibit I wanted to see was about the news coverage on 9/11 and holy cow what a tear jerker. No I did not cry but I did have to look at the ceiling a few times and think of something else. We also got to see part of the Berlin Wall, which they have inside. Afterwards we headed to Ella's for Chris's late birthday lunch/dinner. It is a pizza place in DC that he loves. All in all it was a great weekend! This coming weekend is all booked too. It's a shame we didn't start doing all these things sooner.Part of the Berlin Wall
Watch Tower of Berlin Wall
View from outside Newseum terrace
Chris and I
When we returned home on Sunday Chris and I sat outside and fed the squirrels some not so good corn bread I bought. They seem to like it just fine. Also if you live in Virginia NEVER leave your pumpkins outside or they will be eaten. So for your video entertainment this week, we present to you Squirrel meets Pumpkin!No worries soon we will stop entertaining you with squirrels and we will be entertaining you with our child!
Lastly, I am 36 weeks. Yup, hard to believe. I am not ready to not be pregnant quite yet though. I have too many things I want to get done before Baby Boys arrival. Plus, I am still enjoying all his little love taps, except when he jabs my right rib, then we have a problem. One, it doesn't feel very good and two, I can't breathe. Well here it is 36 weeks...
Baby Boy Casson is approx.18 1/2 inches and about 6lbs.
6 comments:
And that is why you receive dolphin photos. You guys are weird.
Now move out here so I can have a profound influence on the baby.
You guys and your rodents. Haha. Actually I like it.
Those dolphins were something else! Trust me I would love to move somewhere closer to the west coast but you will have to talk to your brother about that one. Brandi, yeah I really enjoy sitting outside watching the rodents it is actually quite relaxing. I bet you would enjoy it too :)
You look beautiful, dawlin! I miss you guys so much! It looks like one of those rodents is growing on Chris' face. =) You can tell him I said that.
Yeah, Uncle Chuck called. . . he wants his goatee back.
OUT.
IN.
It fell off.
OUT.
Post a Comment