On Sunday, was the National Science and Engineering Festival Expo on the national mall that Chris wanted to go to, mainly so he could see Bill Nye the Science Guy. If any of you are like me you have little idea of who he is, but Chris remembers watching his show as a pre-teen. We walked around to all the tents which was actually really neat [because it was science, duh-wcc]. They had lots of stuff to check out. Then we sat at Freedom Square to listen to Bill Nye. He definitely brought in a crowd compared to the other speakers, and that includes a group of professional cheerleaders who are also scientists/engineers. Anyway, I snapped a few shots. Here is Chris in his Math/Science t-shirt. He received many compliments on it and even had people standing beside or behind him reading his shirt.
Up close shot
Bill Nye and his lovely bow tie
Today was a rainy day which is no surprise because it usually rains on my days off. I had to go to the laundromat to wash our comforters because we have the smallest washer and dryer known to man. I hate going to the laundromat with a passion, and it is a good thing I don't have to do it often. Then I came home and made these beauties...
I am sending them to work with Chris tomorrow. His boss was nice enough to throw him a surprise baby shower. I knew about it and went to his work to be there for the surprise. Chris, of course, walked in at the wrong time because he followed another employee down stairs for the supposed "meeting". In reality he was not suppose to come until his boss called him down. He was still caught off guard which is always fun!
Lastly, I am 37 weeks. Yeah, FULL TERM! This baby can arrive whenever he'd like, although I still have some cleaning that I insist on getting done first. He is still moving around a lot and last night he made my belly look like a cone head. It was very strange looking the way he was sitting, but Chris and I got a kick out of it. I don't mind how he sits as long as he is not mangling my rib :)
Baby Boy Casson is cooked!! He is about 19-20 inches long
6 comments:
I suppose those are those exquisite cookies from the recipe your dad made last Christmas? I can't take it.
And William Nye, eh? Awesome.
I can't believe how soon we'll all have bebes!
A.) Your husband is most DEF a "nerd"...
& ..
B.) You are the cutest little pregnant lady I ever did see. Can't wait to meet the little guy. :)
Brandi they are indeed cookies from Christmas. Don't worry I will make you some when I come for Christmas. Steph, I know he proved it with his shirt and thanks!
YOU ARE NERDS.
Man I wish I had a National Mall to visit. Bye is from here so you can usually catch him speaking on the weekend, though it is usually about local politics and not science. When everyone comes to visit we will have to catch a Caspar Baby Pants concert.
You could name the baby Bill Nye Casson.
Do you remember Sharon Hackley? Palo Christi teacher, I played with her in Kingman and Lk. Havasu orchestras? Coolest lady ever? WELL, she was on Bill Nye's show once.
Post a Comment