Can you believe it?!? One year already and it FLEW by! Chris and I decided to go to Virginia Beach to celebrate. We left Friday morning after I got home from work, which means Chris drove and I tried to sleep. We made a pit stop at Hobby Lobby which is always amazing and I may finally finish the letters I have been working on for Liam's room :) Once we arrived in VA Beach I immediately wanted to take Liam swimming. The only time the poor boy and I will ever see a swimming pool is on vacations. We headed downstairs to the lazy river. It was colder than I had hoped but Liam seemed to be okay with it.
Here is Daddy and Liam on the way to the pool. The boy was so happy.
Mommy and Liam swimming
Daddy and Liam swimming
Then our little squirt got tired so we headed back to the room so he could rest and he fell asleep holding onto the crib pole.
This is the view from outside our room. We picked a great spot, every room from this hotel had a view of the ocean and it was on the end of the board walk so it was a little quieter too.
Then we headed downstairs to dinner and Liam sat in high chair for the first time. We had to stuff all sorts of things into the space surrounding him but it worked alright.
Looking up to our hotel from the beach
Family photo attempt #1
Liam experiencing sand for the first time
The next morning Liam woke up about 5:40 to eat. The sun was on its way up so once the boy fell back asleep, I woke Chris up and made him sit on the balcony with me so we could watch the sunrise. It was beautiful.
Then we attempted to go back to sleep but this little monster decided it was time to wake up. He was very lovey on his daddy.
Then we decided to order room service-which was great and they even put a little flower on our plates :)
This boy got dressed in his awesome shark outfit for the day.
We headed out on a lovely stroll down the board walk
There was a kite festival going on and we got to see this 40-50ft long kite attempt to get up in the air
Later in the afternoon we gathered all our supplies (beach towels, umbrellas, blanket, etc) and headed down the the beach. Liam chilled on the blanket.
Then Daddy and him laughed together
Then Liam dipped his feet in the ocean
Family photo attempt #2
The next morning we packed up and went down the beach to say our good-byes. I personally could have stayed forever.
Liam with his feet in the sand again
Daddy and Liam taking in the breathtaking view.
We had a pit-stop in Richmond to eat lunch with the Harden's and the Ives which is always lovely. Unfortunately, I left my camera in the car so I have no pictures :( Then we made another small stop at a mall on our way home and I found the most awesome pillows and whale pillow to go in Liam's room! After a vigorous debate with myself, I was able to convince myself to buy them. Once I am completely done with his room I will post pictures. Overall it was a FANTASTIC one year anniversary. I just can't believe how fast it has gone and how much my love grows for Chris everyday. Yup, I just got a little mushy deal with it!
4 comments:
Well I'm jealous, I haven't seen the sun come up in like a decade and a half. That picture of Liam cuddling Chris in the bed is SO cute. Also, go ahead and be mushy. You should do it in person in front of Michael and other Casson relatives.
Great pictures!! What a lovely first year anniversary. The hotel looked fabulous and I want to borrow that flower shirt (dress?) you were wearing in one of the bottom pics. =) Oh! And Liam's shark outfit was also pretty awesome. Glad you guys made such wonderful memories (I don't know why, but I always tend to remember things better when we're traveling. Do you know what I mean?). Love you three!
Bruce, are you saying I am heartless? Well, you are right. . . although Liam and your little ones occasionally manage to break through my stoic, icy exterior.
Oh, by the way, I found the coolest thing ever for the kids. If I'm not too cheap, I may actually get it in the mail to you guys before we leave for the wedding. . .
Haha, occasionally? You wish. They break through it pretty much every moment they're near you.
Post a Comment