Sunday, May 22, 2011

When life gives Liam lemons...

Yesterday was BEAUTIFUL!  No Rain!  We started off the day by heading to the farmer's market. Liam was able to test out his stroller without being in the car seat.  He seemed to enjoy it.
He loved holding onto the straps.  It was cracking me up.  He was getting pretty tired in this picture.
Since it was BEAUTIFUL outside we took Liam out in the grass for a little photo shoot.  He looked up a few times but he was very interested in the grass and the feel of it.
This one is my favorite.
Here he is standing up in the grass in his awesome overalls :)
Then we were going to run errands and clean the house but since it was my one day off, I refused.  Instead we headed into DC and laid out our picnic blanket by the Tidal Basin.  Here is an attempt of a family photo.
On our way to DC, we realized we forgot sunblock so I ran into CVS to grab some and ended up coming out with a ball for Liam.  He loved it.
Chris started throwing popcorn out in the water to feed the fish but instead he made this friend.  Who was about a foot away from our blanket.  He hung out with us for a little while.
Liam and the Washington Monument
Mom and Liam
Then we decided to walk around a little.  Here is Dad and Liam at the Lincoln Memorial
and again
On our way back to the car Liam showed an interest in botany.  
We left and head to Guapo's to get some dinner.  While we were eating Chris said I should let Liam try the lemon from my water to see his sour looking face.  The OPPOSITE happened. Liam LOVED the lemon.  He continued to suck on it and didn't want to give it up.  There was even another couple that was shocked by it as well.  Eventually, he gave it up and cried a little but only because he wiped his eye with the hand he was holding the lemon with.  We love this little guy. Who would have thought he'd like lemons! 

2 comments:

megs said...

Liam is so adorable (and Chris reminds me of Wario)! I love all the DC pictures - isn't it amazing how outdoor pictures just look great?

I love that he loved the lemon! Minuet is 50/50 - she'll be into it, then get a fullon bitter beer face, then back to her lemon... ha. Babies are fun.

McDyson said...

That's my favorite of him, too! I can't believe he's already graduated from the carseat/stroller combo. I'm sad and excited at the same time! I love the pic with Liam & the Washington Monument in the background, too. How awesome that your little guy gets to grow up right down the street from Wash., D.C.!