Wednesday, February 20, 2013

6 Months Old!

Happy Half Birthday to this sweet, precious, and amazing little guy!
I know I say this over and over but I can't believe he is already 6 months old!!  Time just goes too fast and I wish it would just slow down. Colin's little personality is shining through and it is pretty awesome.  He is still the sweetest little guy and just loves to smile.
I measured him at 27 inches and 19.4lbs.  His 6 month appointment is this Friday so we'll see how close I am :) He is still a toothless little guy but he LOVES to chew on everything and drools an awful lot, but no swollen gums or any signs of teeth yet. He continues to eat solids in the evenings and so far he enjoys it.  He has had apples, sweet potatoes, carrots, and recently bananas.  He didn't seem to fond of the bananas but didn't appear to hate them either.  
Baby feet!
Colin's sleeping has just recently (last 1-2 weeks) gotten better, so we are finally starting to get three to four hour stretches of sleep which is AMAZING!  I am so happy he is not waking up every one to two hours.  It seems our big bottle before bed is working or perhaps he just grew out of that phase.  He goes to bed around seven and wakes up between six and seven.  Most of his early days are usually because his older brother wakes up and enters our room entirely too early.
Sitting up with a basketball, he still needs assistance sitting up but can last a few seconds at a time by himself.
Back side!
A few days before turning six months Colin started rolling back and forth.  He loves reaching for toys and knocking over his play-mat.  The last couple days we have just laid a blanket down and placed toys on it and he rolls where he wants to go.  He has also recently started to babble more and more.  Mostly it's "dadadadadadada" type words.  
This is Colin's new way to drink a bottle.  He wants to sit up and eat so he can see everything that is going on.  I have been pumping a lot to give him bottles and get an idea how much he is eating (this was to help with the sleep issue).  He has also tried this sitting up method while breastfeeding and let's just say it doesn't work too well. :)
I love his little face here and how he is holding his foot.
Colin still loves the bouncer and enjoys getting help standing.  He really wants to get moving!
This sweet boy LOVES watching his brother.  If Liam is in the room doing anything Colin is usually trying to see what he is doing.  
He loves his feet and he enjoys eating my chin, which I think is super cute and I am sure only a mom would love it.  Recently, Colin has given himself mini dreads in the back of his head where his hair is longer.  I have had to cut about four chunks out! I am sure it will all grow back soon enough though!
He is just the sweetest, happiest little guy and such a joy!
I mean just look at this awesome face!  I am so lucky to spend my days with this little guy.

3 comments:

Mindy Harden said...

He IS awesome, that's for sure!!!!

McDyson said...

That picture on the bottom is FANTASTIC!!

UsIves said...

I love Colin's smile!! Happy half birthday!!