The boys went to a babysitter full time for the 1st time EVER. Monday and Tuesday went great. On Wednesday Liam stated he didn't want to go to Ms. Tina's house but once we arrived he was perfectly fine. Thursday it was full on tears. He cried before we left the house and when we got to Tina's house. He clung on tight and didn't want us to go. This was one of my worst nightmares. I hate leaving my babies. Once we left he was fine. Friday morning was full on hysterics. Liam kept staying he wanted to stay at "his house", "play with his toys", "Eat at Liam's house". Chris and I got him sidetracked and had to sneak out when he wasn't looking. I DO NOT like leaving my boys without saying goodbye, with hugs and kisses and I love you's. Lets just say there were a lot of tears between Liam and me, even Colin joined in a couple mornings. It really is one of the WORST feelings as a parent. I really don't know how people do this everyday. Luckily, I have a very understanding nurse manager and I will be doing 3 days a week even through my training. I am hoping this will be easier on all of us!
Friday I took a half day and picked up my babies and brought them home. Liam was still out of sorts even at home. Mom going to work during the day has been a BIG change for him. When Chris got home we went to the train park in hopes of helping his mood.
Colin really enjoyed playing in the grass.
Momma and her baby
Saturday Liam had swim lessons and let me tell you I am NOT very happy with the way swim lessons are going. Liam is in a 2 year olds only class with a max number of 3 kiddos. The kids stand on a ledge/platform and then the instructor takes one kid at a time and does different activities with them. This weekend Liam lost his footing under him and couldn't catch himself, he was clearly struggling. In the mean time as he is trying to catch himself he has gone off the ledge and under for a brief moment. Simultaneously Chris and I are screaming at the instructor as I am also up and ready to jump in pool if need be. The instructor was at the most 3 feet away from Liam and it took us to scream at her before she noticed what was going on. I was FUMING! The director has assured us she is safe but I beg to differ based on this last experience. I am thinkimg we are done with swim lessons at the Wellness Center or if I continue it will be the mommy and me class so I can assure my child is safe!
On a happy note once the boys were up from their naps on Saturday we went to the park. We got Liam a new baseball glove and he was pretty pumped to try it out.

He gave it a shot but then got a little frustrated and eventually moved on to something new
This boy may look sweet but he kept trying to eat the leaves and grass around the blanket
Sweet silly little guy :)
After the park we all went to Chili's for dinner, it was much easier than cooking! This little guy kept trying to eat the table and then eventually we gave his monkey teether to chew on instead.
1 comment:
Leaving never gets better, it is ebbs and flows. Minuet sobbed every morning at goodbye, fine in seconds after we leave. But in a more real sense, there are times where she really wants the time with us, and is saying how she wants to be at her house today, with us, thank-you-very-much. I try hard to give her as much time as possible during those where I can tell she wants more. It is always, always sad to leave. But not always horrible I guess. I'm so glad you have flexibility to be with them as much as you are.
Also, so TERRIFYING about swim and honestly it is the worst feeling as a mom when you're kind of just dismissed as crazy. The idea that your reality is denied, and you're treated like you're the only one who has a problem. No one is happy and to just be told by someone who isn't observing that the instructor is safe is bad. She's not evil, she's not trying to be a scattered inattentive instructor... but she is not safe and is not good.
Summer swim lessons are coming with the city, though not sure what they offer. I'm also scheming to find someone to just to private lessons in a home pool... will let you know any developments on that front...
Post a Comment