Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Play Area!

Saturday Liam started a new session of swim lessons.  He is now in a class with two other 2 year-olds and they get in the water without a parent.  I was nervous about this class because:  these are 2 year-olds who are not the best listeners (they are two), and Liam is rambunctious.  I even mentioned to Chris that maybe one of us should wear a swimsuit in case we need to get in. Well, my fear came true--just not with my child.  The instructor is pretty terrible about seeing the kids at all times while they stand on a platform in a four foot rehab pool.  She was working with one of the other kids when one of the little guys thought he could leave the platform.  He went under and there was NO way the instructor was going to get there within one or two seconds (she was about 10 feet away).  I leaped up ready to jump in but his mom was closer and got to him first. Luckily, he wasn't under long but I may just wear my suit next class.  In the locker room the mom said she felt like maybe she over-reacted.  I told her there was no way she over-reacted and if she didn't leap in I would have because there was no way the instructor would have been there quickly enough.  I don't think she even knew a kid was under until she heard the splash from the mom jumping in the pool.
Anyway, here is Liam with one of his little classmates
Colin loves watching his big bro swim.
Saturday after the boys took a nap we went over to G&G Snay's house and did a little swimming.  Here's Colin looking super cute
Brothers :)
Colin and Grandma watching the silly dog.
Sunday I was on a mission.  I really wanted to get a play set for the boys, which we did, but we needed to make a section of the yard presentable to put the play set on.  Luckily, Uncle Matt didn't really care what we did to his back yard :)  So we went to Home Depot and came up with a plan.  Once we had a plan G&G Casson came over to help us execute it.  Colin had plenty of fun playing cars with Grandma.
Liam came outside a couple of times but then decided he didn't care too much for the saw so he watched Daddy and Grandpa from the window.
Basically we took over a corner of Matt's yard and laid some posts and put some wood chips down.
When it was all done Liam made Daddy and Grandma run in circles with him.
We are borrowing G&G Casson's play set until ours arrives.
Sunday night I was at the store and found a water table.  I texted Chris to see what he thought and he said to go ahead and get it.
Liam LOVES it!  Monday morning we got it set up outside and he was in heaven.
Colin looking super cute after his nap.
When daddy got home Liam took him outside to show him his new table
Colin did a little swinging.
Chris and Matt working on a fence to keep the dog on one side of the house when the kiddos are playing (though, it's also to fence off the big-boy toys Matt is planning on buying).
Today, Liam had a professional hair cut and did awesome!  I have been cutting his hair because when we have tried to take him to someone he would cry and get scared.  He has done great with me so I thought we'd give it a try again and I am glad we did. The last time we took him to an actual hairstylist was June and we didn't get to far.  I just wish he didn't look so grown up :(
After the hair cut he had some more water table fun.  He enjoyed putting dirt, wood chips, and rock into the mix.
This afternoon Liam wanted me to set up his cardboard box fort but I was sitting (and spotting) with Colin, so I told him to come sit with his brother.  He did and they look so cute together.  I love my sweet angel babies!
Daddy had another early basketball game tonight so Grandma Snay watched Colin, (basically put him to bed since he is usually out by 7PM) and I took Liam to the game.  He enjoyed watching his Daddy and Uncle Matt play ball.  At half time he went to see daddy and give him a few pointers.
We stayed the whole game and Liam started to get a little tired towards the end and started singing made up songs, the main one was "Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt, Uncle Matt" over and over in different tones. Ha! He had fun though

1 comment:

UsIves said...

Sounds like you all are having fun! I may have swim lesson nightmares now, though. ;-)