Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New Ride

On Saturday Chris and I spent the WHOLE day in Lake Havasu City attempting to by a new family car.  We had gone a few weeks ago to look at the 2013 Toyota Highlander and also wanted to see the 2014 because they were redesigned and supposed to be just a bit bigger but there were none on the lot.  They let us know when the 2014 came in and so we went to check it out.  I was pretty convinced we'd just get the 2013 because we could get it a lot cheaper but the redesign was significant enough to make a considerable difference in adding interior space.  After checking out both models we realized it would be difficult to fit anything (like a stroller, for example) in the cargo space with the third row of seats up.  So after lots of haggling and being completely annoyed with the car salesman we got (sufficiently close to) our price.  (I'm so glad we have no plans to buy a new car anytime soon.  I hate the games)  They indicated their complete lack of interest by declining give us any significant for my Isuzu as a trade-in, so Chris drove the Rodeo home and I got to drive the new car home.
Sunday morning we decided to take a drive so the boys could test it out.
Chris was excited and he loves all the little gadgets it comes with.
Liam was pumped and told us more than once that "this is a cool car"
I'm just happy I don't have to bend over and kill my back to put the kids in the car anymore.  Here is the only picture I took of our new car.  We park it in the garage and I keep forgetting to take a picture when it is not two feet away from me. So here's what I got.
I did find a fancy photo of our car on Toyota's website.
The other good news is we put a price on the Isuzu parked it on an empty lot on Stockton Hill and posted it on Craigslist for about a total of three hours and we had four people call about it and had it sold by 2:30 PM!  So Toyota can take that! HA!
On a side note, we had the Jacobs over for dinner.  These two little guys were having a staring contest with each other and it was CUTE!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Colin and Reed are so cute.

YOU SOLD IT ALREADY?! That is awesome.

UsIves said...

LOOVE the car!!!