Monday, January 13, 2014

Stuff I Don't Want to Forget

I feel like I have a thousand things to jot down so I can remember all the little things my boys do and say so here it goes.

COLIN
1. Colin is so much fun lately.  He can point to his head, nose, ears, toes, etc and finds a lot of joy in doing it.
2. Colin is REALLY into animals lately.  He loves the tractor with animals Santa brought him but mainly so he can carry the animals around with him.  We have to practically fight him to put them down before he goes to bed so lately I let him fall asleep with them and then remove them from the crib after he falls asleep (they are a hard plastic).
3. Colin loves making animal sounds.  He does a lot of them but the best is his impression of the wolf.  He closes his eyes and then tilts his head up and make a little howl.  It is the cutest!
4.  Colin is really making attempts to use his words which is awesome.  He says mama, dada, ganpa,(grandpa) gmama, (grandma), Sadie (pronounced "adie"), Yeah, Hi, and "daghn" which is interpreted as "that" and then he points to whatever he is referring too.  He can also say Liam and it is the cutest the way he says it.  It sounds like "Lum" Here's a little video of it.
5.  Colin got his first freckle a while back and it's on his toe.
6.  He loves to play trucks and do anything and everything his brother is into. I feel like baby toys/younger toys were pointless for this guy because he basically skipped that stage in order to play more with his big brother.
7. Colin LOVES to be outside but wants to make sure someone is with him
8.  He is still a mama's boy and I am perfectly okay with it :)
9. Colin LOOOVES baths and showers.  In the evening if we mention to him that it's bath/shower time, he drops whatever he's doing and runs (lumbers) into the bathroom.

LIAM
1.  Liam still says some of the funniest things.  The other night Chris looked at Liam and said "Could you be in crazier?" Liam thought a second and then looked up and said "I could" in a nonchalant voice.
2.  The other day we were hanging at my mom's house and Liam threw something, (I am pretty sure it was a ball) anyway it hit Chris who did not see it coming and Liam said "Oh no, I can't believe I did that" and buried his face in his hands. I found it hysterical.
3. Colin has been into flushing toilets lately and one day after Liam used the restroom Colin came right in to flush the toilet and Liam said "Ah Colin flushed the toilet for me, how cute".  Seriously where does he get this?
4.  Every night we read to Liam and when we get to the last book we always ask "what book is this" and then he responds "it's last book, and then it's lights out"  Well, last week I asked him and his response was "Um I suppose it's the last book and I suppose it's lights out" I started busting up laughing and he has been saying this every night since.
5. A couple weeks ago it was pretty cold and the boys were bored so I decided to back the car out of the garage and let the boys play with their trucks.  Basically, it just made a lot of room for them to chase each other.  It was still a little messy from all the Christmas decorations and other stuff getting stacked up.  Anyway, we had a table and chairs out there and Colin was climbing on the chair when another chair fell over on him.  (Nothing crazy he was fine and was not hurt).  Liam came running into the house and said "Mama rescue Colin!" I went running out and saved the day.  I am just glad Liam came to me first and cares about his baby brother.
6. Liam has always loved having us read to him and has made quite a few attempts of reading himself but the other night was the best yet.  He was into the Baby's first Bible book and I had just read it to him and then he wanted to read it back to me. He basically memorizes the story and he's super cute reading it.
7.  Liam no longer wears pajamas.  Every night he basically strips to his underwear and bundles in his blanket.  I guess I no longer need to buy him PJ's.
8. The other evening I was getting Liam ready for bed and Chris was sitting on the couch.  Liam went up to Chris and told him "If you want to pick a movie to watch, you could pick a kids movie, or this one, or this one, it's okay" (as he pointed to them).  It was like he knew we were planing on watching a movie once he was in bed and wanted to let us know it was okay to do that.

2 comments:

UsIves said...

LOVE those boys!!

Anonymous said...

Sweet boys!!