Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Shanahagen Engagement and New Years

The day after Christmas I got off a little late and picked up food for dinner.  This little guy LOVED my milkshake and ran off with it.  He was quite the milkshake thief!
I'm pretty sure I already blogged about the musical Disney characters from Christmas, anyway, I got all of them!! I had to go to Bullhead to do it but we have the whole collection.  The boys LOVE them and I can't wait to pull them out next Christmas.
On New Year's Eve we were just hanging around the house with no real plans.  Then around 2:00pm Jenna called to tell me Shane proposed and they were officially engaged!!  I was SO excited.  They were in Flagstaff with a few other friends and after I talked with her I brought up the idea of going to Flagstaff for New Years.  Chris kind of looked at me like I was crazy but he was on board.  I made sure we wouldn't be interfering with the engaged couple's plans, my mom said she would watch the boys, and Sandy and Larry were kind enough to let us crash at their house so we hit the road.
We arrived in Flagstaff around 6:30, ate dinner and then met up with everyone.  We went to a bar and played pool basically the whole night which was so nice.  It was great seeing everyone and celebrating Shane and Jenna.
Jenna and me
Chris, Shane, and Jenna
The gals. Jenna, me, Johanna, and Becky
The whole gang.  It's not the greatest picture but its all I have.
When it got close to midnight we went walked a few blocks to watch the pine cone drop.
The hubby and me
The boys, Joe, Chris, Andrew, and Shane
The gals
We had a great time.  Once midnight hit the Marquardts and the Guzmans went home to sleep and tend to the babies.  The newly engaged couple and we went back to the bar and played a game of Sorry.  Ha! We stayed up until 1:30 am.  Chris and I hung pretty well but have not stayed up that late in a VERY long time.  Congrats Jenna and Shane! Can't wait for the wedding :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay!! So happy you guys came! It was so fun!!