Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Sickness

Last Monday Liam woke up with his eyes super red and goopy again!  We got him right into the doctor but ended up seeing the new NP.  She was nice enough and prescribed some eye ointment and an antibiotic.  The weird part was she later called me at work and told me she was just going to prescribe the eye drops and see how he did over a couple of days.  I said that was fine and explained that the last time he had this the doc said since there was so much stuff in his sinus cavity that a long course antibiotic would be needed.  She then said "okay, I'll send over the prescription."  I wasn't trying to change her mind at all but I guess I did.
Our boy was so sweet and happy during his appointment even though he looked terrible.
The picture doesn't do it justice his eyes were SO red.
On Thursday it was beautiful outside.  Liam was at preschool and Colin and I played outside.
He had a lot of fun taking water and pouring it on my feet.
When I picked Liam up from school he was adamant that we go to check his little cubby (I was sure there was no reason to because I picked everything up when I dropped him off) but to my surprise he made a heart and was super proud of it.
He was especially excited about the star sticker he put on it.
Monday Colin had a little rash on his left side and by Thursday it had spread.  I called and spoke with the doc that morning and she said to just keep an eye on it since he was showing no signs/symptoms of being sick.  Then when he woke up from his nap his eye was watering pretty good.  I was so upset because I was really hoping he was not coming down with what Liam had.  (Colin has been on so many antibiotics it stresses me out).  By Friday morning this is what my sweet boy looked like...
At least he was happy about his new book for Valentine's day.  Liam was excited about his little Valentine's gifts too. (They each got a book and a cookie)
They also got to eat chocolate donuts for breakfast on cute Valentine's day plates :)
Even though Colin looked terrible he was in pretty good spirits.  Chris took him to urgent care that morning and since he was not running a fever, had a rash, and considering his history with antibiotics he stuck with just an eye drop unless he developed a fever, which sounded great to me.  Chris got his prescription filled and we all packed up to head to Flagstaff for my dermo appointment and to have a little family fun.  That is coming up next!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet boys! They look like Bob Costas reporting on the Olympics! Love them!