Monday, April 7, 2014

Exciting News!

Surprise!  Casson Baby Number Three is coming right up!
Liam was excited to hold the sign
My sweet boys
They are excited about having another sibling :)
Liam understands somewhat and I think will get it more as my stomach begins to grow. Colin on the other hand has no clue yet.
Now then, I am 13.5 weeks today!  I have been exhausted with this little nugget.  I have also felt queasy and at times and my stomach is more sensitive.  I have to eat-otherwise I feel sick-but it has to be just the perfect amount-otherwise I feel miserable.  I haven't really had any crazy cravings.
I had my first appointment the end of February.  It was an awful experience.  I think I asked Chris about 4-5 times if we could move back to Virginia so I could have this baby.  He told me yes every single time but we all know it is more complicated than just pick up and move.  Basically, they made me go through an orientation that lasted FOREVER, and was a waste of my time since I have already had a baby or two.  Then they made me and ten other women sit around waiting to be called back so the MA could ask a few questions, have us urinate in a cup, and then finally do a super fast ultrasound to see how far along we were.  I think that was what really bothered me.  It is the first time you get to see the little person you are creating and hear the heart rate and it was rushed and not personal.  Did I mention I really miss my old OB office?  Anyway, here is the first photo of our sweet little nugget.
After my initial appointment I had to come back in two weeks and see a doctor.  It also was an interesting experience.  Sometimes, I hate that people know I am a nurse and especially in such a small town because they bring up things that I don't care to talk about.  So my first impression of the doc was just okay.  I had lots of questions and concerns since I am considered a high risk pregnancy due to my platelet count, which has actually been normal since Colin.  There is not a technical OB specialist in town but another type of specialist they can send me to and I need to follow up with the hematologist.  Anyway, the good thing is they are going to keep an eye on the baby and I that makes me happy.  I just pray everyday that things will go smoothly since I do not have all the resources I had in Alexandria.  I guess I am just on the nervous side. I had my nuchal translucency ultrasound which was by far the best experience.  The tech spent plenty of time with me and so far the baby looks great.  She couldn't get all the measurements though because he/she was so active.  Here is a sweet little picture.
Lastly, Chris and I decided we are not going to find out what we are having so assuming all goes well, we will meet this little fella or gal in October :)

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Congrats! I am not very patient but I will try to wait until October to see what you're having :)

Mindy said...

We love that sweet little nugget already!! :0)

UsIves said...

Woo hoo! He/She looks perfect to me!