June 30th we officially became homeowners or fell into massive debt, however you want to look at it, ha! Once we got the keys we immediately started moving stuff into the garage of the new place and began a deep cleaning on the new place. I had the carpet cleaners and bug people all lined up on the first day. Grandma C. watched the kids and Sandy and Larry came to help with the moving/cleaning process. That first night Chris and I slept on our bed in the dining room and Amelia slept in the laundry room, (since carpet was wet from cleaners) while the boys stayed with G&G Casson.
Wednesday we continued to move stuff and clean and that night the boys stayed in the house for the first time. They were pretty excited and the highlight of the new house is this hole...
Basically it is a little laundry shoot that connects our closet and the laundry room. They were running circles around our closet, to room, and into laundry room. They were fascinated. The novelty has worn off a little by now, especially since the washer and dryer are now in place.
So here is a little preview of the place, although things are completely out of place and ripped apart. I promise once we have everything in order I will get more/better pics.
Master bedroom
Dining/kitchen area
Living room
Living room
Kitchen
Backyard
Backyard
and backyard
Can you tell I am happy with the backyard! Finally a good place for the kids to run and play!
Master bath
Master closet with child going through the laundry shoot.
Backyard sunset
Chris doing something he has never really had to do before, ha!
Anyway, we are loving our new home. We still have a few things we want to do and painting is definitely involved and plenty more to unpack. We still have boxes that haven't been opened since we lived in Virginia! We finally have room to open them, ha! I love having a playroom for the kids. We live in a cul-de-sac which has been awesome and the boys love riding their bikes out front. It is a nice little area and I think we are very pleased with our new place. I just am inpatient and want everything in its place, all walls painted, and decor on the walls but it will come together soon enough! I have failed to take picture of the front of the house and keep meaning to get a family photo out front. At some point I will get that done.
4 comments:
Ohhh, I hate to say it, but I do love it! I give you 2 years, then I'm coming to get you guys!! :0)
Two years sounds great but I'm not sure the market is going to jump up that much! Trust me it was a tough decision. Neither of us want to stay and it doesn't feel like home but the help has been awesome.
Congrats!
It looks great- love it!! And the yard looks awesome! :-)
Post a Comment