I have a five year old child! I can't believe it! Since his actual birthday landed on a Monday Chris and I both worked but Liam took some cookies to school and celebrated with some of his classmates. Plus, he was able to spend time with Grandpa.
The day before his birthday, I had asked him where he would like to go eat for dinner. He said "Let me think about it." Chris and I smiled and let him ponder. A little while later he said "Mom what's that place we went to by the ice cream place?"
I said "Chipotle?"
He said "Ya! and then maybe we could get some ice cream afterwards." Ha, he was definitely thinking things through. Chris and I did explain he could pick somewhere else and still get ice cream but he stuck to his guns and that night we all went to Chipotle but first we let him open his presents.
He was so excited.
Especially when he got his batman watch he asked for a LONG time ago.
He also got some cool Star Wars books with a light saber projector,
and last but not least a rescue bot
He was one happy little guy
Momma and her five year old!
Grandpa met up with us for dinner and ice cream of course. Liam likes to sit at the bench seats along the window but the lighting wasn't working well so he sat at the table next to us and let Grandpa join him. He is a pretty independent little guy.
He ate like champ and carried on some good conversation.
Then it was on to ice cream. Liam chose plain vanilla, ha!
Colin eating his ice cream.
Amelia shared with me and ate it with her hands instead of the spoon
Stinker!
Dear Sweet Liam,
I can't believe you are five years old! It feels like just yesterday I was holding my very first baby in my arms and loved you before I ever even saw you. You are my independent, smart, stubborn, and active little boy. You amaze me everyday with things you do or say. You're creative and use you imagination daily. Some of my favorite moments are spent listening to you and your brother pretend play together. You have become a lover of Star Wars even though you have never seen any of the movies or heard of it from your parents. Yoda is your favorite and you love to play with the light sabers you received for your birthday. I feel like the last few months have been a turning point for you. You have matured so much! You are reasonable, helpful, and love to tell me stories of your day. You have also become more inquisitive than before by asking more questions but trying to find or make up the answer yourself. You have also become a cuddler lately and love sitting down with me when you are just waking up or tired. It is always a highlight of my day. You have really grown from a toddler to a loving little boy.
Your five year old check-up isn't until after Christmas so via my measurements you are 44 inches tall and weigh 41.8lbs! You have officially entered the little boy clothing! It made me a little sad knowing you are getting so much bigger but also excited to see what lies ahead. You're wearing a 4/5 shirt and still a 5T or 6 pants all depending on the brand. In shoes you are a 12 or 12.5. You love yogurt and all snacky items but usually you eat most anything and are not too picky.
Lately, we have been giving you chores to earn money. You have been doing a great job helping clean the playroom and sometimes help your dad take out the trash. You are very determined when you want something and go after it. You, my sweet little angel, are amazing and we love you so very much!
Waiting for you to make your debut with your grandmas at the Masonic Temple in Alexandria, VA
Sweet newborn angel baby
6 Months old!
1 year!
2 Years!
3 Years!
4 Years!
5 Years old!!
1 comment:
Amazing, sweet boy! Love you!!
Post a Comment