Sunday, November 15, 2015

November So Far...

The boys have continued to wear their Halloween costumes frequently since Halloween.  The photo below is from a few days after Halloween.  I found some clearance Batman costumes Nov. 1 and the boys LOVE them.  Colin is not wearing his in this photo but we had to run errands in costumes one day because I did not feel like fighting to get them to wear real clothes.  They were cute little shoppers though.
This has been my favorite thing lately.  I can't tell you how much I love my wood burning fireplace and that it has actually been cold enough to enjoy it!
We all went to Cracker Barrel one night as a family and this little lady enjoyed her first real meal.  Usually we just give her some bites here and there or bring her something but today she had a meal that was split between her and brothers and she even had her own glass of milk.
She enjoyed eating off a plate and LOVED the green beans
This was the first time in a restaurant in a while that everyone was pleasant and well behaved the whole dinner.  It was a lovely evening. 
I've been trying to be better about breakfast in our house besides cereal every day.  Here are all three kiddos enjoying some biscuits, scrambled eggs, and bacon.
Friday Nov. 6th we had Cason come over and play before he moved (along with the rest of his family).  It was so awesome just having the boys play together.  They had a really good time and got along so well.  Here they are dressed as superheros.
Eating lunch
They played in the backyard for a little bit and once i got Amelia down for a nap we all went out front so they could ride bikes.
I took the training wheels off Liam's bike so Cason could have a bike to ride.
Liam wanted to give the bike a shot since Cason was riding it without training wheels.  Liam did awesome!  I had Cason capture this little video for me.  Liam did amazing and I think I was more nervous making sure I didn't let him fall!
Saturday Liam had his last soccer game.  I missed out due to volleyball but Scott was in town and captured some pictures for me while Chris helped coach
It was pretty cold so Liam decided to wear his gardening gloves, ha!
He really loved playing...
...and improved a ton.
Amelia with her daddy
Later that day we went to Home Depot to get some brick for our firepit to sit on.
Liam wanted to push and please note he is still wearing his gloves
Also my almost five year old has way better calves than I ever had.
Happy dude.
Working boys
After Home Depot we went to Paige and Neely's joint birthday party.  We also got to meet Miss Finley.  Colin LOVED her!  I even asked at one point if we should let someone else hold her and he quickly responded "No"
He gave her lots of hugs and kisses.
Once we left that birthday we came back to our house to celebrate Matt's birthday.
The boys helped blow out the candles.  (I just realized how crazy busy last Saturday was!)
We found these little guys on the clearance rack also and the kids love dancing to them, including this little lady
Amelia had a fever from Sunday evening until Tuesday.  I contemplated taking her to urgent care but did not so Wednesday I went into work for a couple hours and when I got home G&G said Amelia had a rash.  So off to urgent care we went.
And sure enough she had strep throat with Scarlet Fever :/ BOO!!
Anyway, the kids had dental appointments on Friday and Colin did so well.  It was his first time in the chair.  The noise of the tools made him a little nervous but when he was done he said the "sucker" thing was cool, ha!
This gal enjoys spending her time on the ottoman.
She and her brother shared some crackers.
She's a sweet gal
On Friday night we had a pizza night and the neighbors joined too.
Amelia felt like a big kid sitting at the table with all the other kiddos
They were all so cute!
And this is November in a nutshell so far!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I loved all of this, except for the Scarlet Fever/Strep part (poor, sweet Amelia!)