Saturday, July 30, 2016

Wichita and the Train Park

The weekend of July 23-25th I flew to Wichita to see one of the girls I played volleyball with and also former roomie get married!  Shari was so kind and took me in, she picked me up, fed me, gave me a place to sleep, and was absolutely wonderful!  I can't thank her enough!  I got in Friday night and Shari, Steph, and I stayed up way to late catching up and did a little shopping at Kohl's.  Saturday morning the girls took me to work out with them at Orange Theory.  It was a tough workout but I survived, we ate, got ready, and off to the wedding we went.
We happened to sit at a table with and old picture of all of us 13 years ago! Shari was MIA.
and here we are now!
Morgan was going to bring her whole family but her littlest was sick.  So she came with her older to girls but then her oldest started running a fever.  She didn't get to stay too long but I am so glad we were able to catch up a little!
Me, Shari, Chandra, and Steph
Chris survived and everyone came to pick me up in Vegas and it was so good to see all my babies.
This girl cracks me up with her cheesy smile
always the same smile, ha!
I purchased a bubble machine at the end of last summer and finally pulled it down for the kids.  They loved it.  They loved it so much it no longer works.  At least it got some good use!
One night we made some brownies and it was such an awesome evening as a family.  We all had dinner together, played outside, and came in for dessert.  The kids told stories and were completely engaged in conversation which doesn't always happen so it was really nice evening.
One Friday night we went to dinner at El Palacio with G&G Casson.  Scarlett's parents were having a date day so I asked if they'd be okay if she came with us.  It was not a problem and she had a great time.  Luckily we were in a corner so the kids could play a little.
They drew pictures
Watching the train go by outside the restaurant
After dinner we took the kids to the the train park and picked up some ice cream from Mr. D'z.  They love it and had a great time.
Enjoying their milkshakes
Amelia loves her some Scarlett time
Baby girl
Kiddos

I convinced Chris to come take a picture with me on the steps so we could compare to this other one taken just over 6 years ago.  Crazy!

No comments: