[It was cool and there were lots of people.
National Mall at about 8am. I was about a half mile closer to the capitol and there were people completely filling the space between there and where this picture was taken.
I probably should have tried to get closer, since I was unencumbered and early, but this is as close as I got. There were lots of big screens to the side that gave people a view since 99% of the people there had essentially no view of the stage.
The people go waaaaay back.
Here you can barely see Stephen Colbert's hand and part of his head. Wait, no, that's a giant paper mache Stephen.
On the video screen in the lower-right is Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Also appearing: Yusuf Islam (Cat Stephens), Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Bennett, Kid Rock and more.]
Sunday we had fun. We decided to make tacos like we did last year, and I also made some Cinnamon pumpkin spice cookies. It just wasn't the same without all our visitors that we had last year, though. We also carved our pumpkin. I gutted it and Chris designed and carved. I thought our pumpkin was awesome. We did not have nearly the amount of trick or treaters as we did last year, which was a bummer, but we still had some cute ones.
Chris hard at work!
Baby Boy Casson Pumpkin
All lit up!
Cookies
Awesome spider candle holder I found at Safeway :)
Our decorations!
On Monday I decided to finally wash the baby blanket I made. I have been apprehensive about it in fear of ruining it. Well my fear came true :( I ruined it, even on the delicate cycle. It was just the one type of material which happened to be the thinnest of it all. After it happened I didn't know if I wanted to bust out laughing or start bawling, so I did both. I am over it though and I will try and repair it somehow. On a good note, I received these awesome gifts from Shelby in the mail, which made losing my whale blanket much easier to deal with since I will still have plenty of whales around. I instantly LOVED them!
Ruined blanket :( This is just one spot, there are about 3 where the red material is coming apart.
Boppy cover front from Shelby
Back of cover
Feeding cover! Thanks Shelby!
Now then, this awesome lady had an awesome baby girl early, early this morning at 1:47am! Welcome Neely, she was 8lbs 15.8oz. Congrats Jacobs family!!

Don't mind the poofy hair, I am getting it cut tomorrow :)
Baby Boy Casson is about 6 1/2 lbs and 19-20 inches long

4 comments:
Sarah you look great! You are getting there. Baby Boy will be here sooner then you know it!
You two are so funny! I love the pumpkin and the comments by whoever this 'wcc' character is ;)
Loved the pumpkin. Too cute. Sarah you look amazing. We are so excited for you two. You guys are going to be such awesome parents.
You look great, as always. I love your pumpkin too, and I'm so sorry about your blanket. I would have been sobbing too. And good job on Sarah's boppy and nursing cover, Shelby, so cute!
Thanks for the shout out! :)
Post a Comment