Jenna was in town for a few days to visit Liam; Chris and I were just bonuses. Liam was so excited to get a gift from her, it was awesome. I love his face in these pictures. I know Chris already posted one of them but too bad you'll just have to see it again.
Holding on tightly to his present.
Smiling at his Aunt Jenna
He thought she was pretty cool
Jenna and Liam opening his gift.
Now then, Chris and I had to work while Jenna was here. It was nice for me because it allowed for some sleep! She didn't mind because she was able to hang with Liam. No worries we didn't completely abuse her as a babysitter. On Tuesday we took Jenna to the Teddy Roosevelt Memorial. It is on an island and you have to park and walk across a short bridge to it. It can be very pretty- just not so much during the winter because everything is dead looking and they turn the water fountains off at the memorial.
Here is Jenna at the sign before we cross over the bridge.
Jenna and I imitating Teddy
Then we headed over to the National Cathedral. It was beautiful as always and we were able to go inside before it closed.
Liam slept through it all
Family photo
As we were coming back from the Cathedral, I mentioned something about the Georgetown Cupcakes which is a show on TLC and how someday I was going to go there. Jenna became very excited and decided she wanted to go there also [immediately]. We made Chris take us, luckily the line wasn't out the door.
Outside the building
Jenna after she got her Red Velvet cupcake
Liam and Chris outside after we bought our cupcakes.
On another note, as we were standing at the crosswalk to get back to the car. Liam ended up being surrounded by women swooning how adorable he is. After that Chris told me Liam and him are going to leave the house without me more often. Ha!
Here is our cute little box the cupcakes came in
And here are our beautiful cupcakes. Now then, just so you know the cupcakes were really not all that impressive. Don't get me wrong they were good but I would never actually stand in line for them like some people do.
Here is Liam checking himself out
Liam has a little frog that he LOVES. It is the perfect size for him and he can hold it and slobber all over it!
Hugging his frog friend
More lovin'
Looking out the window while hugging his froggy.
Friday was BEAUTIFUL outside! Unfortunately, I was comatose after working 2 night shifts in a row and barely functioning and trying to entertaining an almost 3 month old during the day. I did manage to get to the grocery store in the afternoon so Chris and I didn't starve to death. Then when Chris arrived home Liam and I were waiting for him outside and we ate dinner on our cute little table. Liam loved it. There was a slight breeze and he got a kick out of it when it hit his face. Not that I captured any pictures though.
Daddy and Liam
Liam chilling with dad
After dinner Chris left to go pick up his license plates at the car lot. When he was gone I had Liam on his blanket and we were playing. The last few days he likes to roll side to side. But tonight he actually rolled over from his back to his stomach!! I immediately called Chris and told him. Then I grabbed my camera but of course he didn't roll over again.
So I here's a picture of him rolling on his side.
Liam also likes to stand lately, with assistance of course!
He thinks he is a pretty cool guy and I would have to agree :)
3 comments:
I can't believe he likes the breeze in his face! EVERY one of mine has done this gasping thing if there's a breeze, like they're drowning or something. Ha. Maybe that's because it's a Kingman "breeze" though. So gale-force winds, in other words..
Aw, what a cutie! I'm also amazed that people stand in line for cupcakes - I've had Sprinkles and was thinking it was good, but obsesssion good? No. Plus I like baking, so not overly impressed since I can make things from scratch too. Ha.
Minuet loved breeze on her face, and would stick out her tongue to taste it. Too cute, though it was usually gale force Kingman wind and would take her breath away (unsure on the purpose of that baby reflex...).
i love the pictures of him with his gift from Jenna! He really looks excited to have a present :) How cute! And I love the ones of him hugging his frog.
Post a Comment