It's official; my return to work is upon us (Sunday night). I am totally bummed about the whole idea and stressed out too. It seems silly since I will basically be working while Liam is sleeping, so its not like I am going to miss out on seeing him. However, I can't help but feel like it is the end of the world. I think I am just going to miss reading and rocking him to sleep-even though I will still get to do it 4 nights a week. I'm just being ridiculous. Anyway, I plan on working night shift so we don't have to get a babysitter (thank goodness because that would triple the stress level!) but on that note it means no sleep for us. Liam is actually doing well sleeping at night so Chris won't suffer too badly, but he is a HORRIBLE nap taker lately. He basically sleeps in 40 minute increments, which means I will have to sleep in 40 minute increments! On occasion he will take longer naps so we'll just cross our fingers. Oh well, at least I don't have to get a babysitter! Here is the sweet boy napping, I just love how he always has his arms up over his head.
Since I am going to have to go back to work I have been on a mission this week to clean and rearrange the upstairs room. We are planning on kicking Liam out and putting him in his own room in a couple weeks. The main reason is he is such a restless sleeper and every little movement and noise, wakes me up and I am going to have to get sleep when I can. Chris is a better sleeper and doesn't always wake up to his slightest movement, he is blessed! The bummer is Chris wakes up sometimes when I wake up. Last week we headed to Ikea to get a cheap bookshelf to put in Liam's new room. It worked out GREAT! I had to do lots of rearranging and donating to clean out the closet (Chris and I used it to store our clothes, toliet paper, paper towels, and whatever else we felt like throwing in there) but it works like a charm and now Liam has a place for toys and books. I still have to move his dresser and crib but that will wait until the official move, after JennaHAGEN comes to visit in a week. Yup, can't wait to see her!
Plenty of shelf room left for more BOOKS! I have an obsession, but I just love reading to our little man.
Actually space in the closet for wipes and diapers
Place to hang his clothes. Mainly ones that are too big now but he will wear someday.
Now then, Liam and I went on a run again the other day. It was relatively lovely, since it wasn't freezing outside, but I definitely wish it was much warmer! Liam slept the whole time. I ran about 3 miles and walked about 1 and survived. Have I mentioned how much I love our stroller? Plus, we saw these lovely geese and seagulls just sitting on the ice of the pond at the park.
After our run I realized Liam needed sunglasses. He is blinded by the sun at times but putting a blanket over his car seat is annoying because he can't see and it blows/falls off on occasion. Take a look at our cool little dude...
Testing them out.
On our way to Babies-R-Us. His favorite store. He doesn't even mind them. I thought he would rip them off but he seems to dig them.
I also gave in and got a bumbo. He loves it and I do too. He can sit on the table and talk with me while I get things done, plus he loves to look around and see EVERYTHING so it works great. Here he is sitting on the table while I did a little vacuuming. Don't worry I was watching his every move and he can't fall out of the bumbo or off the table.
Lastly, his poor eye is completely gooped over again. I asked the pediatrician about it last week at his 2 month follow-up and she said to try squirting breast milk in it. Chris looked it up when we came home and sure enough it is something you can do to help with clogged ducts. It really wasn't that bad but he still would get little crusties in the corner. Then yesterday it started watering quite a bit and last night when he would wake up it was completely crusted over. I called the pediatrician's office again and we went in for an appt today. We saw a new Dr. and she said to keep squirting breast milk in it for the next 24 hours and if it doesn't clear up she would call the pharmacy and give us some drops. Poor little man. I really hope this eventually resolves on its own!
4 comments:
Sarah...so my little girl(Shaylee) saw your blog/picture of Liam and she said..."Ohhh yook(look) at the baby! My give him a hug!!" It was so sweet- maybe someday they'll get to be friends. :) Good luck with going back to work...it was SUPER DUPER hard for me, so I know your pain. AND ..good luck with squirting breast milk. Hope your aim is good. :)
On going back to work... YOU WILL SURVIVE!! I was freaking out, and then slowly adjusted... it is just hard because forever you will be in two places in your brain. Mom never shuts off. It takes some time, and I still get wistful that I'm not with her all the time, but you have a great setup, and haven't needed to add the stress of a sitter. Don't make yourself crazy though, you need sleep too!
Also... I LOVE that the dr said breastmilk!! Minuet had a clogged duct, and I read that and was laughing so hard. Dr. Khan only said to clean it, and my eye doc buddy (Jeff Bergeson) said to do warm compress on it a few times a day, and so I was doing a clean, damp, warm washcloth on her corner of her eye and sort of gently massaging it - for very short intervals since Minuet has the patience of a gnat. Ha.
Good luck!! One day at a time. One hour at a time. You'll make it through one shift, and then come home. And then you'll deal with the next. :-)
Darn :(
I know that stinks about going back to work, but it will be good for some 'dad' time (even if they're both sleeping:)
Aww, I'm sorry. But if you have to work, 3 days a week is the way to do it at least!
Post a Comment