Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mr. Grabby

So, we went on a walk Sunday before I had to go to work.  It was nice outside before it turned freezing cold again recently. On our journey we saw this guy...
 A Blue Hernon, apparently he forgot to fly south!
 Chris and Liam cruising along.  Chris was wearing his ASU hat and on our journey and I thought some guy was flashing gang signs at my husband!  Really it was just the ASU pitchfork but it threw us both off because we were not expecting it.
 Liam slept like this for about half the walk.
 Then on Tuesday Liam began grabbing at his toy.  He had been slapping at his toys that hang above him but never really grabbed at them. It was exciting!
 He really likes to hold on to his blankets, and sometimes he eats them like he did the bath towel.
 He also enjoys relaxing on the chair like this
 Now then, this morning Liam was playing with his toys and I was checking my email when all of the sudden I heard music.  I freaked out knowing that Liam had to reach for his toy to make the music play which he has never done before.  I sprinted down stairs for my camera and of course he had let go. but he then reached up and grabbed it again!  It was awesome!
 Look at him go!  I even called my mom at work I was so excited and of course I texted Chris a picture of our boy in action.
 I love that he has ahold of the toy and his shirt
 Later he stretched out.  Sadie take a good look at the shirt. I bought it just for you.  Sorry Uncles they just don't make onesies that say Uncle on them. Don't worry Liam still loves you all :)
 Then we had tummy time
 Later Liam attacked his stuffed Zebra from Grandma and Grandpa Casson.
 The Zebra's nose has officially been slobbered on
Then he watched TV and sported his new shoes.  He really doesn't watch TV but when he sees it he is instantly attracted to the movement and colors. (I am assuming anyway)
Love his shoes and they actually FIT!
 Later he had to have an outfit change because he pooped.  The poop did not get on his outfit until our son decided to stick his hand in his diaper!! I was mortified and cleaned him instantly. Then he slobbered on his zebra some more.
 Later he chilled with dad like this
 He is pretty awesome and it is so fun to watch him learn and grow!

4 comments:

Brandi said...

Haha I call and text Jess any time our kids do anything cool at all. Since we have 3 that means he gets a LOT of phone calls and messages during his work day. Haha. I never leave him alone. Also, I love his zebra. Jellycat makes the best stuffed animals ever.

McDyson said...

Hooray for milestones!! It's the best to see your baby connecting the dots and navigating his little world. I love my handsome, super-smart Mr. Liam!! =)

megs said...

I love when they start batting at things! And grabbing at the toys! I totally have video of the first time we realized she was hitting the jingle toys on her carseat repeatedly on purpose. SO EXCITING!

Also, for those sad uncles out there, they could get you any of these lovely picks - http://www.cafepress.com/+i-love-my-uncle+baby-bodysuits

Geoff and Beth said...

His eyes are so BIG! I love them! I wonder if they will stay such a dark blue - it's so fun seeing all of these pictures - keep them coming! Miss you guys bunches! Wish we could see Liam!!!!