Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Eight Months

It's official Liam is 8 months old! He is 29 inches long, which is shorter than what I measured him at last time, so I am assuming I screwed up last time! Ha!  I weighed myself and then him with me and he is about 18lbs 4ozs.  Thanks for the idea Michelle :) He is a blast. He loves to play and he also enjoys wrestling with his daddy when he gets home from work (his dad works, not Liam, to be clear).  He loves climbing, standing, and crawling as fast as he can.  Lately, he has been standing on his own for about 7 seconds, it keeps getting longer and longer.  He has 6 teeth in total and those darn 2 on top are still trying to pop through.  He has been making lots of sounds like baba and dada but not with any purpose to what he's saying or who he is saying it to, so we aren't officially counting any words yet.  Liam likes to look at you and start jibbering loudly and with purpose like he really has something important to say and then he will turn away.  It's awesome. He is still a very sweet baby and only gets upset a couple times a day because he is tired, hungry, or has fallen and bashed his head.  He is taking 2 naps a day but the length of them is very inconsistent, anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours.  He still wakes up around 2-3 am to eat and then is usually up to start his day about 6:30-7:00am.  He still is very observant and watches anything and anyone very closely.  He loves other babies and always smiles real big when he sees someone his size. I have finally given up breastfeeding, though for the last several weeks the biggest reason I was just pumping and not generally feeding him directly was fear of being bitten. He generally refuses to hold his own bottle even though he can (why do the work when one of your sucker parents will do it for you, right?).
We attempted his 8 month photo shoot on Sunday night when we got back from Richmond.
Liam quickly decided he was NOT in the mood.
So we gave up and tried again the next day.  Liam loves to crawl back and forth from the kitchen to the living room.  He also likes to stand up next to the trash can.
Here he is crawling towards his mama
Later he was trying to hold himself up on his Daddy's arm and gave me the cheesiest smile EVER! I LOVE it! Plus you can see all his teeth.
He's a sweet boy
He quickly decided he did not want to sit for pictures so I ended up with a few that looked like this...
So we took him outside to hopefully distract him enough to get a few photos
He sat there quietly picking at the grass and occasionally would look up at us, but we couldn't get any smiles out of the boy.
He likes playing in the grass
Profile shot
Then a mosquito landed on his face and I flipped out because I HATE mosquitoes with a passion.  We quickly came back inside and got this surprised look from him.
Lately, when the boy gets tired he will rest his head for about 2.2 seconds and before jumping up quickly in fear of actually falling asleep.
He was getting tired around 7:30 so Chris and I did our best to keep him awake a little longer by giving him a bath to buy some time before he fell asleep.  He still loves his baths.
He is a good boy and it amazes me every day how much he learns and grows.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

I measured Paige wrong a few times, so now I measure them like 10 times each month to make sure it's accurate. Ha. Then I still get a bunch of different measurements, so I use the one I get most often. Haha, really precise, I'm sure.