I am a little behind on blogging so I am going to do a little catching up. On Sunday 5/20, Liam came down with a lovely fever. I was scheduled to work that evening but figured it would be best to call out in case he became miserable, which he did. By 3PM he was laying on the couch barely lifting his little head up. He was so sad looking. I felt terrible. We tried to cool him off a little by giving him a bath and of course when you don't feel good you get a popsicle too.
By Monday morning Liam's fever broke but he was still pretty lethargic. He woke up about 6:30 and went back to sleep from 8:00-11:30 and then again that afternoon from 2:30 to 4:00. On Monday I also noticed two little red spots on the bottom of Liam's feet, one on each foot. I decided to just keep an eye on it since it struck me as weird. On Tuesday morning he had more little spots but it still wasn't terrible so I texted Chris let him know and decided if it got worse I would call. When he woke up from his nap he had more along with a couple on his leg so I called. The minute I started describing it to the nurse she knew he had "hand, foot, and mouth disease" I personally had never heard of it. She said it was viral and to just keep him comfortable with Tylenol because the red spots can turn to blisters and it can be painful. He still had some happy moments.
Chris and I read up on it and I called out again on Wednesday night because he still had some pretty miserable, unhappy, tired moments. It was a good thing I called out because Chris came home that evening with a fever. It is uncommon for adults to get it but Chris landed in the small percentage and he was miserable the next couple days as well. Liam did start to feel a little better and helped me sweep the kitchen.
Here is a little photo of one of his feet on Wednesday. He ended up with a couple blisters and red spots.
Thursday, Liam had his 18 month appointment and everything looked great besides his feet and she found a couple sores in the far back of his mouth. (Liam refused to let me look back there but he wasn't eating as well for a couple days). On Friday Liam was pretty much back to normal but Chris was miserable. He didn't have much of a fever but all his little red spots/blisters attacked the back of his throat and he couldn't eat or drink for a couple of days. It made for a rough flight to AZ but we made it and everyone is feeling better!
No comments:
Post a Comment