We had such an AWESOME day on Friday! Both boys woke up in a good mood. I had to get up and go to the chiropractor which forced me to get my act together quickly. Plus Colin only woke up at Midnight, 1:45, 2:15, and 5:40 which is a HUGE improvement, he is usually up every two hours like clock-work! Chris and I are trying to give him a big bottle prior to bed, giving him formula, and I am still feeding him to see if his sleeping gets better. Cross your fingers! When I got home from the chiropractor, I put Colin down for his morning nap and Liam and I did some fingerpainting!
He was a little unsure of it at first. He normally isn't to fond of stuff being on his hands.
He warmed up to the idea though
Eventually a few more colors were added
He decided to paint himself
Close up view
Colin woke up while we were still painting. I love baby sleepy faces!
He was a happy camper!
When Colin and I came back out to the kitchen. Liam had stacked his paint, showed me his hands, and decided he was done.
Shirt after painting, not too shabby!
Finished products
This sweet guy hung out while I finished cleaning up the mess.
Then the boys and I went and played cars. We did this Thursday too and it went over really well.
Liam shared trucks with Colin and they would crash them here and there. We also raced the cars down the track in order as fast as we could. There are seven cars and Liam can officially count to six. We have been working on numbers for a while but order didn't seem to be a priority to Liam. I finally felt like I had found a way that works for his learning style!
Colin had just thrown a car off the side and Liam thought it was cool.
I can't wait for many, many more moments like these!
For lunch we picked up Subway and met daddy at a park a block away from his home office. Liam thought a lunch date with dad at the park was great!
Liam took bites in between playing. We stayed about 25 minutes until dad had to get back to work.
It was perfect timing because both boys were ready to take naps, especially this little guy
Once we got home from the park. I went to put Colin down for his nap and Liam went into the bathroom. I asked what he was doing and he said "pee pee" and pointed to his toilet. (we bought the potty about a month ago just to prepare for potty training but Liam has shown no signs of interest until today). He wanted to get on his potty. So I helped him and returned to Colin. He sat there but never went and didn't really want to get off. So we will see what happens and if he ever shows interest again.
While the boys napped I busted out my sewing machine. I have a couple of projects I have been wanting to do for a few pregnant friends. I spent an hour and a half relearning how to use my machine. It never fails; every time I go to use it I can't remember how to thread my bobbin. It drives me nuts! By the time I figured it out both boys had awakened from their naps. I told Liam that I would make him a bag for his cars. He was pretty pumped and it gave me a chance to really test out my machine once I had it set up right.
Liam was impressed and used it immediately to put some trains in.
We continued to play the rest of the evening and when daddy got home he got this awesome video.
Colin finds Liam hilarious. Earlier in the day Liam was running circles around Colin and he thought it was great and then Liam was just swinging at a ball that Chris would throw to him and Colin was busting up!
1 comment:
Colin has an awesome laugh!!
Post a Comment