Monday, March 17, 2014

Colin Never Catches a Break

Soooo...When Colin woke up on Saturday his little sores around his mouth had blistered and opened up.  Chris took him into urgent care and they said he had impetigo.  AWESOME.  She gave us a topical antibiotic and said if it didn't clear to see the Doc on Monday.  Well by Sunday night Colin had a rash all over his body and the blisters had spread to his hands and feet.  We went to the doc on Monday and she said he did indeed have HFMD plus impetigo.  When she looked in his mouth he had sores which he didn't have on Saturday at Urgent care.  My poor sweet baby.  He was a complete sport about the whole thing and I'm so glad we didn't end up hanging out with anyone and infect them too.  Anyway, here is our sweet guy laying in bed reading a book.  If you look close you can see one of his sores :(
Needless to say we have been washing, Lysol-ing every toy, stuffed animal, etc in this house!
I have a couple of things I just need to jot down so I don't forget.
1.  Liam has been into playing super heroes.  He is usually Ironman and he tells Colin he is Aquaman because Colin likes water, ha!
2. Colin is quite the character lately.  He likes to roll his eyes at you and make lots of funny faces.  He also transforms like the rescue bots, and he can say the word hippo or "bibbo"
3. Colin recently told on Liam for the first time.  The boys were playing in the garage and Colin started yelling "Dada" "Dada" When Chris got out there, Colin was on his ride along toy right in the doorway into the garage and trying to point behind him toward Liam who was on his bike.  Liam immediately rode up and crashed into Colin.  Colin looked at Chris as if to say, "this is what I'm talking about".  Apparently he was not a fan of his brother rear-ending him.
4. The other night I was singing to Liam and afterwards he said "Tell dada a secret story, tell him he's the best dada ever."  It was so sweet so I told him goodnight and let Chris know what he said.
5. Liam has also been a pro at delaying his bedtime lately.  He usually needs water, chapstick, a washcloth, a tissue, and this week it's a band-aid or a hang-nail that needs immediate trimming.  He came out of his room and said "Hey Guys." "Hey I have a problem this thing is hurting me."  The first time he was referring to a hang nail and Chris got a band-aid for him.  Then he came out the next couple nights needing band-aids again.  I'm hoping his delay tactics quit soon.
6. The boys have been pretty awesome about playing together recently.  The other day I overheard Liam tell Colin "Good job Colin it is red" Apparently Liam was teaching Colin his colors.  I love watching them interact.
I leave you with a picture of them playing in the fort Aunt Sadie built for them :) They seemed to like it pretty well.

1 comment:

UsIves said...

Ohhh :( Get well little Colin!!!