A couple weeks ago Liam expressed his need for some light-up shoes. When I came home from work he said "Mama I think I like some light up shoes" I assume a kid at school had some and he thought they were cool, he even told his grandparents about his love for light up shoes. Liam was in need of some shoes so Chris and I took him to Payless on Tuesday when Chris and I got off work. Before we even got in the store I told him not to get disappointed if we couldn't find any in his size that we would order some if necessary. The lady measured his foot and sure enough he had been wearing a size too small, poor kid. He now wears an eleven! Luckily we found some light-up shoes and he was SO HAPPY. Colin also got to get a pair of shoes since he hasn't actually had his own brand new pair of shoes, instead wearing Liam's hand me downs so far. They were both very happy boys.
Liam's light up shoes
They didn't have any light up shoes in Colin's size but he was happy about his airplane ones
A while back I really wanted to buy some games for Liam so we could start playing some with him and so he could start to learn to focus for a few minutes at a time and learn that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. (Which he has picked up pretty well lately). Anyway, we have Hungry Hungry Hippos and it sits on the microwave and Colin LOVES it! When he wants to play he points at it and says "bippo" and the minute we grab it he sprints into the living room and sits on the floor.
The first thing he usually does is grab the yellow marble and hold on to it for safe keeping and then he will attempt to play. We have had a lot of fun playing from time to time.
Usually right after showers/baths the boys become extremely high-strung and love wrestling with their daddy. Here is a sweet pose of how happy they are playing with their dad.
The boys have been super awesome about playing together and here they are chilling reading a book together.
Colin loves books
I convinced my father-in-law to do some construction in our backyard. I hate not having more shade and trees take inconveniently long to grow, and since we don't plan on staying in this rental house forever I came up with a temporary yet permanent fix and luckily the husband and Tim went along with my idea. We are building a shade over the boys' sand box and I am so excited about it!!
Chris hard at work on Sunday. They did some sawing and painting and hopefully by tomorrow night we will have a finished product!
While we were outside working the boys were playing with grandma and Liam was pretending to be a doctor or be hurt and need to go to the hospital. The bag of mulch was the hospital bed. Colin thought it was awesome and would pretend to be hurt and have his grandma carry him to his bed and he would lay there until someone came to fix him. It was super cute.
Last Wednesday I was working on packing for our trip to San Diego and this sweet little peanut was stacking blocks. He would stack them and knock them over and do it all over again. He was SO proud of himself and his mama was proud too!
No comments:
Post a Comment