Saturday, March 8, 2014

Home Depot

Last Saturday it was raining so we thought we'd entertain the boys by taking a trip to Home Depot to ride in the car cart.  They think it is great. When we got there it was kids' building day.  They do it once a month but I never knew when, exactly.  So, just for you others who are curious it is the first Saturday of every month.  Anyway, we let Liam give it a shot.  He did well.
Checking out all the paint.
Colin just wanted my phone more than anything.
Daddy helping him hammer the nails
Screwing in the screws
and some more hammering.
They get a cute little apron which is currently hanging on the boys' toy tool bench.  I didn't get such a great photo of him in it.  They made a little Trojan horse on wheels piggy bank.  While they finished up Colin and I wandered the store and came up with some future projects.  I think Liam enjoyed it overall and we may need to try it again.
One night this week, Liam and Colin were playing some basketball.  Liam decided he was Paige since he had just watched one of her basketball games and daddy had to be Cason.  It was pretty cute and when we cheered for him we had to say "Ya Paige!"
Chris would spin the basketball for Colin and he thought it was pretty awesome.
My boys.  I just like how Colin is walking in this one
This is Colin's face when he is told "No"  It cracks me up.
Liam thinks he big stuff and tries to pick up Colin lately
Tuesday night when I got off work we ran to Hastings so I could get a book for a friend who is having a baby.  We let the boys each pick one out too.  Liam chose a Scooby-Doo book and we came home and read it.  They seemed to enjoy it quite a bit.
Colin had his 18 month old check up on Wednesday.  He is doing great and is 32.5 inches long and weighs 27.1 lbs.  This puts him in the 50th percentile for height and 70th percentile for weight. She rechecked his ears from last week and he still has some fluid.  We've talked about whether or not he needs tubes and go in for an ear check in April.  If he continues to have fluid or gets another infection in that time frame, she plans on sending us to the specialist.  I keep praying he just grows out of it.  I just want him to be healthy and happy and ever since December I feel like he has been sick and it is SO upsetting to see my sweet boy feeling miserable.
Now then, yesterday Colin woke up and was pretty cranky and it turns out he has all four incisor teeth coming in.  You could just feel his pain.  I gave him some Motrin which seemed to help a ton.  He has been drooling NON stop.  Then when he woke up this morning his little mouth area was broke out with red spots and a little blister.  At first I thought "Oh no, HFMD!"  but he has no spots on hands or feet or inside his mouth.  He was sleeping in a puddle of drool and it seems to have irritated his skin but a couple faded during the day.  I took the boys to Subway for lunch and Colin tried to eat a Cheeto that was pretty big and just screamed in pain when he attempted to take a bite.  It even seemed like a banana he tried to eat just before bed was painful.  Needless to say I hate seeing him in pain and REALLY hope these teeth bust through STAT!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

Paige loves that Liam was her playing basketball!