Sunday, February 15, 2015

Fun and Sickness

First of all, I have a few things to jot down
1. Colin likes to tell his brother "Don't ever do that again"  He enjoys yelling it at the top of his lungs.
2. Colin also enjoys telling us "that's not fair"
3.  One day we were in the car and Colin asked to watch a show when we got home.  I said "probably not", he then immediately responded with "probably yes", ha!
4.  Colin was riding in the car and we were driving alongside a train.  He pointed at one of the cars and said "that one's dirty it needs a car wash", ha then he went through each car and would say "and that one too"
5.  Amelia ROLLED over!  She rolled from her stomach to her back on Jan. 31st.  I was completely bummed because I took the boys with me to pick up pizza and came home and Chris said she had rolled over.  Then Chris had her do it again once I was home.  So I have missed her first laugh and the first time she rolled over and I am the one that spends the MOST time with her.
6. On Jan. 30th we took Colin to the ER to have his foot x-rayed.  That Thursday night the boys were running away from the vacuum cleaner.  We aren't sure what Colin did (jumped off bed, fell?)  but he would not bear any weight on it and was pretty upset.  It was decided to put him to bed and re-evaluate in AM.  In the morning he was bearing weight but walking with a limp and couldn't run.  I was worried about a little hairline fracture so we took him in and luckily nothing was broke but he must have sprained/strained something.  He continued to limp off and on for about week and complain of it hurting here and there.

The weather has been pretty awesome the last couple weeks and we have been enjoying it.  We went to Aunt Sadie's basketball game and Emily got these two cute photos. 
Colin hanging out on the bleachers
Amelia with her Uncle Matt
I've also been taking the kids to story time at the library and they are enjoying it.  They are loving the songs, dancing, and reading.  They also like playing after storytime.  
Colin with the puppets.
They even put on puppet shows for me
Colin's puppet show "I'm a fire monkey"  It cracked me up
We got a library card too, so they love the idea of coming home with some new books to read.
Here are my sweet babies
The boys have done some canvas paintings
They started out making lines, circles, etc and eventually mixed all the colors and had some brown canvases, ha!
We had some fun at the park
The boys each earned an ice cream date.  We started a behavior chart for the boys and if they have good day they get a sticker, if they get 10 stickers they get to pick a date, movie, etc.  Colin had a date with me at Baskin Robbins.   He was so excited to go on a date.
We had a great a time.
Liam went on a date with daddy.  They originally tried the ice cream place downtown but it was closed, then they tried Jan's cupcakes and it was closed, so they ended up at McDonald's, or as Liam likes to call it Old McDonald
We did some bike riding last Friday.
Friday was the start of doomsday.  I had a terrible cough all day at work but felt fine until later in the evening when my chest was sore from coughing.  Colin was running a little fever when we got home from work.  That night we both had a fever.  I didn't feel terrible and Colin woke up Saturday ready to rock n roll.  So we went to Home Depot and they participated in the kids workshop and then we were off to the park.  
After the park, Colin felt warm again and fell asleep on his daddy.  The boys were supposed to stay the night at G&G's but we were leery with Colin and his fever, G&G didn't mind and took great care of him.  He had a blast but continued to have mild fever.
Side note this girl LOVES her toes
Sunday afternoon after Colin's nap he woke up on fire.  He wanted to take a bath so we added a popsicle to it.
He was thrilled and cooled off a little.
I was beginning to get concerned and wanted to take him to urgent care but they were closed.  Then I noticed his ear was oozing.  With tubes that's not abnormal but I was afraid it indicated he had an ear infection.  So we stopped by G&G Snay's and celebrated Emily's birthday and left Liam and Amelia with grandma and took Colin to the ER, (yup second trip in a week!)
We had to wait in the ER waiting room for three hours, his temp was 104.7, so he got healthy dose of Tylenol and Motrin, and once we got the doc an antibiotic.  Come Monday I was still worried about the fever since it just wouldn't break.  So Chris called and got an appt with the pediatrician,  Thank goodness we did.  The ER dosed Colin's antibiotic too low for an ear infection.  So basically we would have given him the dose for 10 days and it wouldn't even make a difference!
Here is happy girl!
On Tuesday Colin was still not feeling awesome but played superheroes with his brother.
His ear was still oozing and on Monday night we cleaned it out.  It was like pulling strings of pus and goop out of his ear.  Tuesday it looked like this...
which was a drastic improvement!  Sorry to gross you all out.  Since we weren't going anywhere with all of us being sick (at this point Liam and Amelia started coughing)  we did some more painting.  This time I let the boys pick two primary colors and see what color they could make by mixing them together.
Colin had red and blue
Liam experimented with red and yellow
Wednesday we continued to lounge around but that evening I had to get the boys out.  They were going stir crazy.  So we took them to the library to get some new books and then we went to Chili's to celebrate Matt and Emily's engagement.  Amelia fell asleep on grandma.
Wednesday night Chris broke into a fever and by Thursday afternoon this sweet baby had one too.
Then by Thursday evening this boy wasn't feeling very energetic and spiked a fever that night!
Colin cuddling after his nap Thursday.
So it's officially we have all had this crud (RSV, probably) and are all recovering now.  Thanks for visiting please NEVER return.

1 comment:

UsIves said...

That is a rough week !! Hope you're all feeling good now!