First a few quick updates/things I don't want to forget:
1. Over a month ago, Chris and I were sleeping and I thought I heard a kid in our room. I asked Chris if he heard anything. He did not but then we decided it was something else. Chris got up to use the restroom and that's when I heard the "Colin sigh." Yes, he has a very specific sigh, ha! So I said his name and started looking on my side of the bed and when Chris got back we discovered he was under our bed!! Not only was he under our bed, he was butt naked under our bed. He didn't wet the bed but for some reason, somehow he decided laying naked under our bed was the thing to do in the middle of the night!
2. I forgot to mention that when the Jacobs moved, we had gone to see them Sunday night to say our good-byes. The kids were going to go to the store and I told Liam to say goodbye to Cason. He immediately broke down and I did too, not because they were leaving but because my kid was so SAD. Anyway, sweet Cason decided to stay back and play with Liam a little longer which was awesome for Liam. Then when it was really time to say goodbye he did and was the saddest I have EVER seen my kid. He teared up and cried softly in the back of the car until about half-way home but still just looked glum. When we got home he went and sat quietly in his room and there was no cheering him up. He was completely bummed. Then the following day while grandpa was watching him, he had mentioned something about Cason moving and Liam said something like "Grandpa, I don't want to talk about it right now" He still was sad. No worries he is completely fine now but it did take him a couple of days and it was the first time I have really seen my son genuinely bummed out.
3. When we set the Christmas tree up everyone was pretty pumped but Colin told his dad "I want to hug the Christmas tree!" Ha, silly boy!
4. Sadie came over to watch the boys and Liam had come out of his room with his hand on his hip, sunglasses on, and told Sadie "You're not stylish yet" Crazy kid!
5. Amelia has quite the personality lately but my favorite thing she does lately is her scrunchy face. It is hilarious and makes me laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME. She is a firecracker and continues to keep us on our toes. Oh, and she discovered fruit snacks and anytime the boys leave the pantry door open, she grabs one comes running to me, hands them to me and says "uh uh uh uh uh" Basically, here you go mom now open them! Oh and she is NOT quiet about it!
I took the kiddos to storytime Wednesday before Thanksgiving and it was awesome! There were only a few people there. Here is our sweet Amelia sporting her turkey dress.
I took the kiddos to storytime Wednesday before Thanksgiving and it was awesome! There were only a few people there. Here is our sweet Amelia sporting her turkey dress.
Colin getting into the shaky egg song
Liam has not been into storytime lately and I think he has reached the "I'm too old for this" stage. Which stinks because Colin and Amelia LOVE it still. Liam still enjoys it but not like he used too.
Sweet gal enjoying her shaky eggs
Thanksgiving was a lazy day until about 3PM when we went to my parents and ate some food.
Emily wanted a picture with the kids, though Amelia wasn't as cooperative as the boys.
Here is our family of 5 on Thanksgiving
I love that Colin put his hand on Liam's head here, ha!
After my parents we went to the Cassons' for desert and then to my cousin's house to say hi there. It was a busy evening but at least we had the morning to be bums :)
We used the rest of the weekend to put up Christmas decorations and we told the kids we were taking them to Disneyland, as you can see Amelia was the most excited about the news.
Amelia assisting in putting lights on the Christmas tree. She was so helpful!
We went over to my parents' for dinner and the boys helped grandma decorate the tree with ornaments.
Such good little helpers they are!
No comments:
Post a Comment