Believe it our not Liam is six years old! He really is an amazing kid. He continues to be very active, smart, stubborn, loving, observant, and clever. This kid loves kindergarten and his teacher seems to love him right back. He is doing really well and learning to read. I have tried to teach him at home but he does better when it is someone else. When I try to get him to read he'll do one word, get embarrassed that he knows how, and refuse to go any further with me. Thank goodness for teachers!
Liam still has blonde hair, big blue eyes, and he's tall and skinny. He loves all things Lego but especially Ninjago. It is by far his favorite right now. He also enjoys sitting down and coloring. He'll bring out neat drawings, sometimes he gets creative with scissors and tape. I think he has gone through two tape rolls in the last month, ha! Liam is usually wonderful with his siblings but occasionally likes to dictate what they should do.
Liam is 3' 9" tall and weighs 48lbs. He wears size 6 clothes and size 1.5 shoe! He has lost his two front-bottom teeth and just keeps growing everyday.
When Liam woke up on his birthday. I sang Happy Birthday to him. He sheepishly smiled as I smiled back at him. Then we let him open some presents before daddy had to go to work.
He was excited
He got some power rangers to go with his new power bot from his birthday. Here is Colin and Amelia making claims on them already.
We bought him a big Star Wars Lego set a while back and weren't too sure if he'd like it because he hasn't been all that into Star Wars lately. Turns out he LOVED it.
Happy guy with a giant lego set
Randomly, I came across some roller blades and got them for Liam. We weren't sure what he'd think about them but thought we'd give it a shot.
He thought they were pretty neat and wanted to try them on
Trying them out with daddy
He loved them and continues to practice to get the hang of them
Then we all headed to Walmart because I needed to get rolls for Thanksgiving and I let Liam buy a birthday present with some of his birthday money. He wandered and wandered until I finally had to tell him time was up. He grabbed a lego set but didn't seem thrilled with it. I explained he didn't have to get anything and he could save his money or look at different store because he's usually pretty good at not spending his own money just to spend it when it's not on something he doesn't really love. He decided to put it back. We continued on our Wal-mart journey and Liam just looked sad. I asked what was wrong and he said he did like a lego set but it was too much. So, we went back to the toys checked out this particular lego set and got it for him. He immediately perked up and when we got home he worked diligently on it for about 1 1/2 hours. He has become very focused on building Legos and enjoys doing it himself, only asking for help if he gets stuck. He has completed a couple of fairly impressive Lego builds since his birthday.
I had to go to volleyball practice so G&G Casson came and watched the kiddos while I was gone and then took them to Pizza Hut for lunch so Liam could claim his free personal pan pizza for reading a sufficient number of books the month of October. I met up with them after practice and Liam seemed pretty happy to be there. Chris did get off work early and we ran a couple errands then it was time for dinner. Liam's choice was the Garlic Clove followed by Baskin Robbins. He had a lovely time and was thrilled to have a day focused on him.
No comments:
Post a Comment