Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Beach and Fireworks (and a big ol' beatle)

This weekend was both eventful and, yet relaxed.  On Saturday we decided to go to Chesapeake Beach which is about 40 minutes away on a little patch of sand.  I, personally, needed it!  It was nice to soak in a little sun! Don't worry I wore sunblock, and I am still the palest I have ever been! Then, we came home and napped.  It was wonderful.  On the 4th of July we ran some errands, went to the grocery store for our BBQ purposes, and of course went to a craft store against Chris' will.  It was necessary though so I could make an AWESOME whale lamp for baby boy's room.
Chris playing in the water
This was a big hawk with babies, not that you can really tell from this picture!
Whale lamp with night light also!  Don't worry I found a smaller light bulb so it is not sticking over the top.
Kabobs! They were bueno
Boy meets grill and a cute little 4th of July umbrella.

So after dinner we had to decide were to watch the fireworks keeping in mind I would most likely need a restroom close by.  Chris decided that we should head over to the George Washington Memorial Masonic Temple, which is in Alexandria.  It worked out great.  We could see the National mall display and the National Harbor display very well.  On top of that we could see about 40 other shows in Maryland just across the river they were small but it was still pretty cool!
Masonic Temple
We are not always the most photogenic
Rhinoceros beetle that some guy found and like a 2 year old I asked if I could take a picture and then he let me hold it too!  It was pretty cool. Sorry the picture is blurry.


21 Weeks

Our baby is approx 9.1 inches and weighs about 13.7. His eyelashes and nails are starting to grow! He's about the size of a bottle of root beer.

8 comments:

Brandi said...

I LOVE your whale lamp! I always want to do a lamp shade like that, but haven't tried yet.

I just realized if they DO move my due date back our babies could be only 2 weeks apart. Crazy.

Also, I AM mailing you something, but they changed the shipping rules at the college so Jess couldn't mail it from there like he thought, and then he worked late. :( So we'll mail it today.

McDyson said...

Oh my gosh! I'm gonna throw-up!! Put down that giganto rhino beetle, girl, before it eats your hand off!! That's some scary Amazonian sh*t right there!

McDyson said...

Okay...I'm back. You two are grillin' fools. Kabobs have never looked so good!! And I'm sad that you're getting so big and I'm not there to rub-a-dub-dub that beautiful belly. I can't wait to see ya'll in September. I think I'm gonna set up a cot right by your guys' bed so I get to spend every waking moment with you three! Is that creepy? Well I don't care!
P.S. That lamp looks like you bought it! Very talented gal is you.

McDyson said...

Oh! And I think the Masonic temple was a good call! I can only imagine how beautiful a panoramic fireworks show was . . .

McDyson said...

Darnit! Here's another comment--sorry. I forgot to tell you that we watched the Capitol fireworks show on PBS and I kept looking for you two varmints. I made the greatest sacrifice for you . . . I sat through David Archuleta and you weren't even there!!

Sarah said...

Megan you crack me up with all your comments!! I love it! Brandi, I know 2 weeks would be crazy when do you officially find out if it will be moved?

Brandi said...

My next appointment is a week from Friday I believe, so I guess he'll tell us then.

megs said...

SARAH!!! I love how active you guys are, and my favorite preggers days always included a nap... ah, the days of naps...

I was so busy the whole time we lived there, with stupid school, that I really only felt like we had a couple of touristy moments, like walking the monuments or listening to free music on the capitol steps, and definitely never traveled around like we should have.

I always say we need to visit... but it is not as easy now that we've got the little one to pack up and go, and work schedules to deal with.

Also - I McD is adorable and I love the mass of comments... where is HER blog????