Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Another week already!

So it feels like yesterday when I last blogged.  Apparently time is flying!  This week Chris started a new job!  The bummer is he actually has to leave the house, which is kind of weird being here by myself on my days off.  I don't mind at all and actually did some cleaning, the biggest downside is I feel I have to start doing my share of cooking dinner on my days off :( I don't have a problem cooking it just has to be on my time and when I want to actually cook, which is rare.  I find it too time consuming and I am basically a horrible cook besides about 3 dishes and Chris is MUCH better than I am [this is not actually true].  On that note today looks like this....

Very gloomy (not that you can tell) because all the trees are in the way.  It has been drizzling all morning long. So on days like this you make dinners that look like this....
A lovely roast that will be served with crescent rolls when the husband arrives home from his long day at work.

I have also been very excited for fall to get here.  I really enjoyed the colors last fall because it is very different from AZ, and beautiful.  So in my excitement I bought this.....
ORANGE HOT CHOCOLATE!
I was really hoping it would taste like the chocolate oranges! Unfortunately it doesn't, it is very subtle but it turns this fun orange color!  [I say it looks like metamucil]

Another exciting thing about fall is Honeycrisp apples!!  Chris and I tried this apples last year at the Farmer's Market and LOVED them.  Saturday was the first day they were out!  They look okay right now but I am sure in a few weeks they will taste and look amazing.  We just bought one this past Saturday to share.  
It may not look that special but trust me it is!!
This is a picture of one from last year in October.  Mind you it is a little larger than a softball. Oh and the best ones we have tried so far have been grown in West Virginia.

I also love the sunflowers at the Farmer's Market.  These were my beauties from this past weekend.
There is a lovely rose in the middle.  The guy we get them from always puts one rose with the flowers you purchase.  This is by far the best looking rose I have ever gotten from him.  Chris also agreed!

One more exciting thing about fall is this little guy who is growing, kicking, and just hiding out in my belly will be making his debut!!  We are pretty pumped to meet him :)  
27 weeks!
Baby Boy Casson is about 14 1/2 inches and weighs about 2 lbs! About the size of a roast! Not like the one I am cooking today though but instead like this...
PS on rainy days you also make things like this...
Spit up rags out of cloth diapers.  Thanks etsy sellers for the awesome idea :)

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Still looking great! And I've always wanted to make some cute burp cloths, but never have for some reason. Maybe I'll get to it.

It seems like everyone's posting about their farmer's markets today, and making me jealous. :)

Aubrey said...

That is one thing I miss about Utah, having actual 'seasons'. Instead we have Hot, Hotter, Warmish, and Just About Right.

Congrats on the job Chris! What does he do?

Sarah said...

He is a patent analyst. I am really not sure what it all consists of but whatever works! Brandi, I have already started a little something for you :)

Brandi said...

OOH! I can't wait! Haha, I love that you can't really describe Chris' job. I really can't tell people what all Jess does either, so I just say accountant, even though that comes nowhere near covering it.

Mike said...

Jess is a Lavatorian Expert.

Brandi said...

Oh, well thank you Michael. I'm still not sure what it consists of.