Thursday, August 12, 2010

Storm and a Stroller

So last Thursday we had a heck of a storm.  Chris and I were on our way to meet a man who was selling us stroller but we decided it was a bad idea.  The winds were as high as 80 mph and it just looked awful so we turned back and went home.  Apparently many in our area were without electricity, luckily we were not among them.  Here are a few pictures of the aftermath from the next morning when we went on our walk. We also saw a very unhappy owner of a Mercedes the next morning whose car was slightly damaged from a tree that uprooted and decided that his car looked like a nice resting spot!  (no picture of that though)
The park just across the street from us

As much as it sucks for these trees, a few days later we saw a very happy lab with a huge stick/branch in his mouth trotting around like he was a king.

Now here is some exciting news, we have a stroller!!!  After lots of research and many people telling us it is best to invest in a nice stroller so you don't end up with 3, we got this lovely City Select from Baby Jogger from a very nice man named Jim, who was selling through Craigslist.  I wanted to get a jogging stroller and now we have one that can do pretty much everything!  It can be a single or double stroller and has smooth wheels for running.  I attempted to run with it in the store to make sure, not that my running is all that awesome right now!
Lastly I am 26 weeks. I can't believe there is less than a 100 days left!  I have to go in for my glucose testing on Monday and I am not looking forward to it!
I tried to hold my shirt down so you could see the belly, I have finally decided to give in a buy some maternity clothes.  I still am squeezing in to most of my pants but maternity pants are AWFUL! Eventually I will have to give in!
Baby boy who still has no name is about 14 inches and weighs a little over 1 1/2 lbs.


5 comments:

Brandi said...

You look cute! I know, I don't want to buy maternity pants either. :( Not to mention I don't know how I'll find any long enough, since I can't even find regular jeans long enough except at like 2 places, and they don't do maternity.

McDyson said...

Whoa! You seriously look fantastic! I can't believe you're already so far along!! You've got to show me how that stroller converts to a double. I'm intrigued...

megs said...

You look amazing, and I LOVE the stroller!

Sidenote - as an attorney who definitely needed a stupid maternity wardrobe since my top didn't fit into my blouses by like 4 mo... I didn't hate my under belly maternity pants, I just hated the ones that were 'secret belly' covering me upwards... they were either too loose or too tight and falling down either way. I loved one pair that I lucked into on a random mall trip, since they were black slacks that looked work appropriate and felt like pajamas and were under belly. LOVED.

Mike said...

Bruce--you need man pants. End of story.

Chrisara--I have given you MULTIPLE, excellent names. In fact, when you have a girl, there's another one: Chrisara (pronounced with a soft 'a').

Brandi said...

It's true actually, Michael. I find "longs" in stores all the time, get excited, try them on, and then cry because they're far too short. I did buy unisex scrubs when I worked at the animal hospital and they worked. My name's Bruce for a reason.