Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Restaurant Week 2010

Last week was Restaurant Week in Alexandria so on Friday I made some reservations to a place I have been wanting to go.  I partly did this because I forgot to lay out meat to make some Chili Verde like I was originally suppose too! Oops!  Chris had no idea where we were going although he quickly figured it out that is was Columbia Firehouse.  Our reservations were for 8:45 so we were both STARVING but it was so worth the wait!  During restaurant week participating places have a special on a 3 course menu (appetizer, dinner, and dessert) basically ENTIRELY way too much food.  The building was originally built in 1883 and was an old firehouse.  Chris and I left completely stuffed and miserable but it was well worth it!
The next day we went to the farmer's market and walked around by the Potomac river and I took a picture of this little guy floating on a log.  (It's a turtle in case you can't tell)

Then we ran around to try and find a night stand for my side of the bed, setting stuff on the floor was getting old, plus who doesn't like to spend a little time in Home Goods?  [I don't -cc]  I have already filled it up :)

Then I forced Chris into JoAnn's Fabrics and bought some more fun material for more burp clothes.  After the adventures of the morning we came home and watched Arrested Development which as some of you know is a grand show.  Although I am glad my family is nothing like them :)
Lastly,  I am 29 weeks! Holy Cow!  It still amazes me how fast it is going.  I get to leave for AZ tomorrow for a week to visit. Unfortunately Chris is unable to come with me which stinks for both of us, but I guess you can't take a week off when you just started a new job!  Besides time off for the birth of Baby Boy Casson and Christmas are far more important :)  Here are some pictures!
Baby Boy Casson is about 15 in. long, approx the length of a loaf of bread and weighs about 3 pounds, as much as a Macbook Air laptop. 

4 comments:

Brandi said...

How can you only have 11 weeks left? That's crazy.

I'm glad you force Chris to shop for fabric with you.

megs said...

You look fantastic, I cannot believe you're so far along (has time stopped yet? I hit about 31 weeks and the 34 and time STOPPED).

I'm glad you're able to force Chris to fabric shop with you. Mike is still traumatized from spending too many bored hours in JoAnn's with his mom as a child, even walking by it he acts out.

McDyson said...

Can't wait to see you and the Baby Bump in person!!!!

Steph said...

Sarah-
I LOVE your blog...seeing pictures of the fact that you and Chris are A.) happily married and 2.) Procreating make me soo happy. :) You make such a cute little pregnant lady...and P.S. How come I never knew you were so domestic??!! I'm so impressed by your sewing skills.
Tell your babies daddy I said Hi and congrats on everything!