Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Awesome Chris

This weekend we decided (or maybe more I decided) that we needed to clean the house and shampoo the carpets before Baby Boy arrives.  I had to work Friday night, and when I came home Saturday morning I was on a mission.  First, Chris and I went to the beloved Farmer's Market and then out to breakfast.  I think Chris thought when we got back home I would go to bed.  Unfortunately for him I did not.  We started cleaning immediately, and I put up my Halloween decorations.  Once the decorations were up I sat down outside by Chris and we watched the squirrels and chipmunks gather food for about 40 min.  At this point I realized how tired I was and needed to go to bed!  We relaxed the rest of the evening.

On Sunday, we woke up and began moving most of the furniture out of the way so the carpet could be shampooed.  I think Chris really thought this task was going to be MUCH worse than it really was [it was still terrible-wcc].  He ended up doing all the vacuuming and the shampooing.  I did start out vacuuming the basement but it completely wore me out, so after that I watched and cheered my awesome husband on from the stairway!  Once we finished, we went to Borders and out to eat while we let the carpet dry.  I am so excited to have nice clean, fluffy carpet before Baby Boy arrives!  Here are a few pictures of Awesome Chris in action...

He is a vacuuming fool!
 Our already small kitchen stacked with furniture
 Chris shampooing away :)

We also were able to start assembling some items we bought now that the carpet is cleaned! I finished organizing and hanging a few more items on the wall for his mini space, too.
Picture frame and mini whales are up!  The big empty corner is being saved for his name if we could just make a decision!
A toy and book organizer!  For those of you who know me sometimes I can be very anal about the placement of things :) It is not always a bad thing.  Although since being pregnant I have been too tired to be anal and having a child may also change that!
Our rocker; this way Chris and I can still be half asleep while the baby is awake.

And for randomness I got this book with all the talk of Squirrels and Chipmunks lately.  (Thanks Roxy!) Not that it will have anything to do with either of the species for those of you who have read his books.
Lastly, I am 34 weeks!  Only 6 more to go, give or take.
Baby Boy Casson is about 5lbs and 17 3/4in long!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

Good work Chris. I'll probably be making poor Jess do this for the 2nd time in like 2 months, soon. Ha.

Mike said...

You two are all about the rodents. Good job. And I didn't know there was a new David Sedaris book out. He's possibly one of the funniest people ever invented. Yes invented. By the way, Sarah, I believe I have given you a multitude of honorable names. . . for free. . . How about Willmothy?

Sarah said...

Michael agreed he is the funniest person invented! The name on the other hand is creative but still not happening ;) I love you though!

Chris said...

I'll teach her some punctuation someday.

Sarah said...

I was tired and didn't realize how bad I hammered my comment! I'm pregnant leave me alone :(