The boy had another pediatrician appointment today, and he and his mom braved the freezing cold wind (as well as the seven levels of the candy cane forest and through the swirly twirly sea of gum drops) to get there. He's growing: +1/2 inch and +5oz from birth weight. The pediatrician they saw today sounds like a complete lame-o and upset the boy's mother (who may or may not still have an overload of hormones), but she's alright now. Anyway, this is what you're here for:
This is his first ride in the snugli carrier device thingy. He's rather more comfortable than he looks and slept most of the time he was in it.
A frog outfit. Big surprise.
11 comments:
Well, he's still cute. I figured.
What did this doctor do to upset Sarah? Foo.
Thank you Skift...(its about dang time.)
I LOVE the last picture of him in his little frog outfit! SO cute!!
I wish you guys would get here so I can hold him!
Anyway...I also noticed a little something and wondered if you could translate the following for me..."and he and his mom him braved the freezing cold wind". What is his mom him? There are few things I love more than catching you messing up! hahaha! But, thats only because it doesn't happen often enough.
Thank God for squeaky wheels! Ya--what did that dumb doc do?
PS. This is actually me--love the Elf reference!
Well, to start things off she is assessing him, then turns and asks me how he is breastfeeding. I tell her great! (She could of left it at that) Instead she precedes to tell me in her amazement, Oh thats good usually babies with (insert technical term) basically, a small chin, struggle. Strike one! Then she noticed a tiny little red spot on his buttocks/hip and asked if I had seen it before. I had not so now I feel like a bad mom, and she continues to tell me how it doesn't look like (technical term-not good) but I should keep an eye on it and it could just be a birth mark. Instead she could have said it looks like a birth mark, keep an eye on it in case it starts to change. Strike 2! Then she tells me how we should not take him out because RSV is really bad this year and I inform her that he would be flying for Christmas. I ended up with the "you are the worst parent EVER" look. It was AWESOME! There were a few other things but they were not as upsetting. I was also disappointed because she was a nurse practitioner! Usually they have more common sense and chose their wording more appropriately. Anyway, I am okay now :)
Yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun. Sorry she was a dumb dumb. We have an appointment tomorrow, I hope my doctor's nice to me.
He is so dang cute. Sorry the NP was not very good. You are a great mom. I know the feeling though. I was just seeing a family practioner after Rylee was born, but felt like he rushed everytime we saw him. I then switched to an actual pediatrician and I love her. I have recommended her to a few people. Is that who you are seeing tomorrow Brandi? If so, let me know how it goes. I hope I get to see you guys while you are here for Christmas.
Yeah Jenni, that's who I'm seeing! I was just kidding when I said I hope she's nice to me, we already went to her for Paige one time, and she was SO nice.
I failed to mention how she stated that hopefully he will grow into his chin. I guess I need to move to Kingman so I can have a nice pediatrician :)
I don't even understand the chin thing. His chin looks just like all my babies' chins have.
Ha, ha! I want to "like" Brandi's first comment. He IS still stinkin' cute! Don't let any meanies make you doubt that your baby is anything but PERFECT or that you two are anything but PERFECT to your baby. Love you three!
Post a Comment