Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Day in the Life of Liam

Usually I wake up around 8am and I am STARVING!  Mom takes me away, feeds me, changes me, and puts a nice new outfit on me (today it's polar bears and penguins).  Then I decide to take a nap.  I sleep for an hour or two, and then decide it is time to eat again.  Once again mom feeds me.  Then I fall asleep again.  On occasion, I choose to have poop explosions immediately after I fall asleep.  This results in me being disturbed from my restful slumber and I become a little unhappy.  Sometimes I even have to get a new outfit, which really bugs me.  Eventually I get back to sleep and all is well again.  I pretty much repeat this cycle over and over again.  In the afternoon when Dad gets home Mom practically throws me at him so she can take a shower.  In the evenings I tend to be awake for a little while.  I enjoy staring at the Christmas tree and its lights.  Overall my parents think I am a very good baby, and I really only cry when I am hungry and just get fussy other times.  I even have a crusty eye that is requiring eye drops and it doesn't even phase me. Mom says she has seen some adults whine over getting eye drops but not her baby boy :)  Mom mentioned my oozing eye at the pediatrician appointment but the doc said not to worry about it was not a big deal and then it just got worse.  My eye is getting better and it's nice not waking up to a crusty eye. Well, here are some photos of my day thus far...
 1st nap of the day, I enjoying sleeping on dad

 2nd nap of the day
 3rd nap of the day :)
 Dad holding me up for a picture sometimes my parents torture me!
 Dad and I checking each other out
 Looking at mom wondering if that camera is permanently attached to her
 Staring at my parents
Mom kissing on me, she always does that!

4 comments:

Danny, Veronica, and Lily said...

Such a sweetie. I'm so happy for you guys. I wanted to mention that Aivree started getting weepy and crusty eyes at about a week old. I ended up taking her to the eye Dr. He said she had a clogged tear duct. He also said it could continue for weeks/months, but usually the duct will open up on its own. Anyway I don't know if that might be what Liam has, but I did a massage several times a day with one finger kinda in between her eye and the bridge of her nose. I had to keep doing it regularly or her eye would get watery again. It took a few weeks and then i kinda got lazy about doing it but noticed that she seemed ok. It must have opened on its own and everything is fine now.

Sarah said...

Thanks! They mentioned it was most likely a clogged duct. I actually didn't go back to the pediatrician. I called the office and described his eye and they called some drops into the pharmacy. It is all working out though and clearing up :) I hope you and your little family are doing well!

Brandi said...

He's awesome!

Caso had a goopy eye as a newborn, the drops worked great for him too.

Just a couple more weeks, we'll be seeing you! :)

Steph said...

ahhh Sarah...He's precious. LOVE the life of a newborn baby- sleep, eat, poop, repeat. Hopefully you're getting some rest somewhere in there too. :)