Our sweet little boy turned 4 months old! I still can't believe how fast it is going. He loves to play with his toys (he especially still loves his little frog) and it is so fun to watch him concentrate on holding them and grabbing them. He also follows us around the room without letting us out of his sight. His new favorite activity is drooling and sticking whatever he can in his mouth (toys, his hands, his feet, our hands, etc). He is napping better during the day, I can usually get him to sleep for a couple of hours in the late morning no problem.
Sweet boy
He loves to grab his feet
So happy
Our angel baby
Gotta love that smile
Overalls! And a hand in the mouth
Love him
Sitting up
He's the greatest
Big smiles and a little drool (there are often large quantities of drool)
Now then, today was the dreaded 4 month appointment. He is still long and skinny. The pediatrician wants to keep an eye on his weight :( Even though this kid eats all the time! He also still has a small head but she is not worried because developmentally he is doing great. He LOVED kicking on the paper again at the office, but then came the shots. The first one didn't phase him but the next three did. He turned BRIGHT red and screamed at the top of his lungs. Awesome. Once we got home he slept for about 3 1/2 hours but then he woke up. He screamed for about an hour and half and it didn't matter what I did nothing mad him happy. Finally, I called the pediatricians' office they gave a few more ideas and said if he was still screaming after 2 more hours to call them back. So Liam and I went on a walk outside, it calmed him down and eventually he fell asleep for a few. Needless to say I called out from work because I didn't get to sleep and he is still very upset as I type this. My poor baby boy :(
9 comments:
The eating his hand picture=Chris.
Aww, poor buddy. Neely had a hard time like that with her 1st round of shots. But this last time she handled it a lot better for some reason. Hopefully this will be a one time thing for him too. He's so dang cute.
He is adooooorable!!! Love him!
I hear you can give them a bit of liquid Tylenol before shots and it goes much better... not sure if that's kosher, but could be worth a shot! No pun intended...
Tylenol given, no such luck :( He finally went to bed but its now 3:30 AM and he is screaming again. Poor lil guy.
Michael, do you mean appearance-wise or behavior-wise?
Mostly appearance. I think you usually tried to eat your ear. In fact, try it now. Especially if you are in public.
I absolutely love how stinking cute and HAPPY he is in these pictures, such a great smile!
And it is so sad when the shots take a hit, I think maybe 4mo was our worst... I only remember one where she fevered and was cranky for a day or so. I was worried the next time, and it was never like that again... we've been lucky so far.
Oh, and is your pediatrician looking at breastfed baby growth chart or normal? I think there is a difference, and most charts are formula babies and I think the arc is a little different. Is he not gaining fast enough, or just skinny for his height? Min has always been 75% height and 25% weight... but Dr. Khan pretty much just tells me she's perfect and sends her home after each appointment. Ha, that is what I look for in a doctor - someone who won't freak me out, ever. And will see us on weekends and call us at night. He looks amazing and I can't imagine there's any problem - everyone is different, and some babies are just small. He looks adorable and smart, stats aren't everything. :-)
Whoa, you went a little crazy with the photo shoot, huh? Loved it! This post was overflowing with adorableness. I'm sorry, though, that the wee one isn't feeling well and hope he can sleep it off.
He is so handsome! :)
Post a Comment