This picture has nothing to do with Amish Country but it just shows that this boy is mischievous. He knows the chairs are off limits!
Okay, last weekend we drove to Amish Country in Pennsylvania. I failed to take many pictures so forgive me. We ended up staying at this cute little place called Kitchen Kettle Village. Super cute, lots of little shops, good fudge, and home-made cookies! After we cruised the village we decided to take a horse-and-buggy ride by an Amish farm. Liam fell asleep after about 15 minutes. Then I attempted to place him in his car seat and he wound up like this...
No worries, I adjusted him and we ended up cruising the area for about 45 minutes so the little guy could sleep. Once he woke up it was time for lunch! We asked the women cleaning our room that morning where a good traditional Amish food place was to eat. She hesitated and then gave us a name of a restaurant that she said was the only Amish run restaurant in the area. That was were we headed and found out that it was not open until the following weekend. Eventually, we went down the road and ate at a restaurant serving food that was no better than school cafeteria food. It was so bad I couldn't even eat the mash potatoes I ordered and barely choked down the pulled pork sandwich. So, we moved on with our day. Liam played in an Amish buggy.
Later that day we stopped in at a furniture store and an ice cream shop, the only stores we went in that appeared to be actually run by Amish. We asked the kind lady at the ice cream shop if she recommended any place to eat, and she gave us the name of a place and said her family sometimes ate there. It was pretty much equivalent to Golden Corral but at least it was edible! I was really disappointed in the food :( I guess we should have taken Aunt Mindy's recommendation and just eaten at Fuddrucker's on the more modern side of town. When I went to Amish country in Ohio it was much less commercialized and I remember the food being amazing! But don't get me wrong it was still cute, nice, and relaxing.
On Sunday we were packing up our stuff and Liam chilled on the bed watching cartoons. Good thing we don't have a TV on our main floor!
Once we were out the door we headed to an indoor model train place. I had envisioned it to be MUCH different in my head but I am sure that doesn't shock anyone. It was basically a big room with model trains going every which way. I am sure Sheldon Cooper would have LOVED it, but lets face it I am NO Sheldon. Liam thought it was pretty cool though and kept saying "ChooChoo". It was cute.
Pointing at the train
Chris liked this 3 headed guy under a bridge.
This house with the tan roof catches on fire and the firemen come to the rescue about every 7 minutes.
Baseball field in night time. Every 10 minutes the lights would go off and you could see everything lit up.
Liam enjoyed dancing in this train outside.
He thought it was pretty neat.
Then we went to the Thomas the train store in the same complex. Liam got a noisy Thomas the Train book that he loves and we got a certain little boy named Patrick a sweet engineer hat for his birthday. If I can wait that long to send it to him! Liam also road the Thomas train outside. I think it threw him off when it moved at first. He enjoyed it though.
1 comment:
Aaahhhhh!!! So much fun goin' on! I love all the adventures you guys go on...There seems to be such a variety on the East coast. Wish the three of us could tag along! I hope Liam catches the "choo-choo bug" so he and Patrick can talk shop. ;) And I'm SOOO excited that you got our boy an engineer's hat. He'll L-O-V-E it!!
Post a Comment