Wednesday, December 11, 2013

1st Movie!

So it has been pretty chilly around here lately.  On Friday evening I really wanted to get some lights up in our little tree to liven up our place.  Colin wanted to come help too.  We bundled him up and he had a good time outside.
He also had a lot of fun with some duct tape.
Liam is really into "reading" and tries his hardest to read all by himself.  It is super cute.

Saturday I was testing out my camera and yes it is still having major issues but I caught this cute one of the boys.  I love how Colin is looking at Liam here.
I went to make the boys some biscuits on Saturday and thought something smelled funny as I was heating up the oven.  It gradually got worse and I opened the oven to discover a train melting away.  Liam apparently, when no one was looking, thought it was a good hiding place.
Friday and Saturday Liam wasn't quite himself because he has had a cold.  When he woke up from his nap he laid with his dad and rested.  He was actually awake but the flash caused him to close his eyes.
Saturday evening we took Liam to his very first movie, FROZEN!  He was a little apprehensive at first and didn't want to leave the house.  So Chris and I thought we would just go watch a movie since G&G Casson had already come over to watch Colin. Liam eventually changed his mind and off we went.  The previews were not too cool and some a little scary so Chris took him out of the theater until the movie was officially ready to start.  He got to pick out his own snack which was sour patch kids and he loved them.  He did great and became just a little restless towards the end but overall seemed to enjoy it! I thoroughly enjoyed it and think everyone should go see Frozen :)
Sunday both boys had goop coming out of their eyes and runny noses.  I had already decided that we should run them to urgent care in the morning just to get them checked out.  Then Monday Colin woke up looking like this....
The picture doesn't even do it justice!  He couldn't even open his right eye when he first woke up.  Turns out both kids have a sinus infection and Colin has bilateral ear infections and what the doctor thought was the beginning of a RSV/Croup.  So both boys got an antibiotic and Colin got a shot and a steroid. Colin is doing a thousand times better but Liam still seems to be struggling a little, although he looks better.  We have to take them back tomorrow just to get them checked up on.  I just want them both to feel better.  Crazy how in one week we go from their normal health check-ups where all is well...to two sick little ones.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh, no! I can barely look at that photo of sweet Colin with his eyes so swollen. :0(