Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Updates

I have been meaning to blog about a few things and post some videos for a while now.  So here it goes! Let's start with some recent Liam sayings:
1.  One night after we had put the boys down for bed.  Chris was on the iPad and I was on the computer.  All of a sudden Liam popped his head out the door and said "Hey guys can you be a little bit more quite for me?" Chris and I thought it was hilarious since we were being very quiet but I guess it wasn't good enough.
2. Liam had asked for some string cheese and then told his daddy "My precious cheese!"  He was excited about it and had a huge smile on his face when he said it.
3.  A few weeks ago the boys were playing on the couch and Liam was in a super good mood and looked at Colin and said "I love you Colin, you're the best friend I have ever seen"  It was so sweet seeing my boys bond.
4. One night we were at G&G Casson's and there were some old pictures of Chris as a baby on the counter.  We showed Liam and asked him who it was and he immediately said "It's Colin"  I said "Nope it's dada"  He quickly fired back with "WHAT!?!"  He was pretty shocked and we all got a good laugh but in his defense Colin does favor his dada :)
5. Tim was watching the boys and I had come home while he was putting Liam down for a nap.  They had just finished reading and Grandpa had just left the room, when Liam yelled sweetly from his room "Grandpa, white noise"  Liam likes his white noise and made sure Grandpa didn't forget!

And now on to Colin
1.  Colin loves to have a banana pretty much right when he wakes up.  He calls it a lumumum or something like that.  We usually give Colin a half of banana to start and when we hand the banana to him he will flip it every time so that the pointed end is up and is his first bite.  Therefore we always hand him his banana upside down so we can watch him flip it how he wants :)
2. I failed to mention that Colin has been pacifier-free since our trip to Sea World in March.  We had gradually cut it and he would really only chew on it for his teeth but we forgot it when we left for San Diego and he did great without and was fine when we got home!
3.  One morning Colin woke up much earlier than Liam and after about 20 minutes he went by his bedroom door and said in a said little voice "Lum? Lum?"  Then he asked me a few times "Lum? Lum?"  It was so sweet and sad and the same time he really wanted to play with his brother.  When Liam did finally wake up Colin was so happy and Liam was pretty pumped his brother was ready to play.
4. Colin's vocab has been exploding lately but most of the words do not sound like the actual word but he still sort of conveys his meaning.  When he says water it is "Ow" yup you'd think he was hurt but really he just needs a drink.  When he wants Goldfishs he says Zhol, ha!  He loves to wave Hi and Bye lately and can say Hi but usually won't.  He says "Uh Oh" and it is the cutest! He also says more "moh", particularly for food.  He has a few more but I can't think of them off the top of my head right now.

Now then here are a few videos I have failed to post.  A few weeks ago there was a book fair and Metcalf park that was a total bust but there was some music and the boys did a little dancing
Colin saying "Yum, Yum"
Liam has had a tendency of lying to me lately and we are working on telling the truth, he knew I was not thrilled with him and was trying to be cute by telling me "Lying makes lions" ha!
The reaction we get when we ask if he'd like to get ice cream
And lastly this one from Easter. Liam is really getting into the monkey bars and of course Colin likes to do his share of hanging too :)

No comments: