Saturday, June 21, 2014

Big Boy Bed

One of the days that Sadie watched the boys she busted out the crayons.  I have never even thought to color with Colin yet.  He LOVES it.  He also did his share of coloring on the chairs and the table and had to be reminded more than once to keep it on the paper.
Brothers coloring together
One of Colin's 1st Masterpieces
We have been talking about getting Liam a bigger bed since we need to get Colin in the toddler bed and need the crib for the newest little one.  I decided I would let him choose his comforter in hopes of a smooth transition.  He of course chose "superheros" otherwise known as The Avengers.  Grandma and Grandpa Casson picked up the bedding in Phoenix one weekend and bought Colin a cars set also.  They both enjoyed the new blankets before Liam's bed had come in.
The new bed
Chris showered the boys and I put together the bed real quick and cleaned up his room.  Liam knew the bed had come in the mail and I was going to be putting it together.  We didn't completely shock him.  When he got out of the shower we made him wait in the hallway so we could all see his reaction.  He was pretty pumped
He was one happy kid
Then the boys had to test it out together.  Colin was excited about his bed too.  In July we will switch Colin to the toddler bed.  I have a feeling he is going to like it.
As Liam was checking out his awesome new bed he came up with this little song and dance.  FYI he is saying "shake your butt off" I am not sure where it came from.
Reading to my sweet boys in the new bed :)
Liam has done excellent with the adjustment and I am so glad it was a smooth transition.  I think the "superheros" bed really helped make the difference.


1 comment:

UsIves said...

Oh my gosh, Liam is so funny- glad he loves his awesome new bed! You shake that little booty, Liam.