Half Birthday already?!?! My time with this sweet girl is just flying by and I am soaking in every moment that I can. On Thursday, she turned 6 months old and had her appointment the same day.
She loved the paper but wasn't as much into crinkling it like the boys were. She prefered to rip it and try and eat it. She weighed in at 16lbs 9oz and was 26 inches long. She got her shots and screamed and had tears. I felt terrible as usual but once it was all over I was able to hold her and cuddle with her and she felt better.
Amelia is really into reading books lately, well actually she would rather eat them.
She got to test out a sippy cup for the first time on her six-month birthday. Her face was priceless when she tasted the water, but unfortunately I couldn't hold the cup and catch the facial expression "sigh." She is loving her baby food and has had apples, pears, bananas, sweet potatoes, and carrots so far. She can easily take down a jar if she is hungry.
Amelia is the sweetest little gal and completely continues to go with the flow. She only ever cries when she is hungry and we can't get to her fast enough, for example a car ride. She will also get a little fussy if she is tired and wants her momma. She definitely prefers to be held by me when she is sleepy. She has recently been giving us 4-5 hour stretches of sleep at night, which is great. She falls asleep around 7-ish and wakes around 7:30. She takes anywhere from 1-3 naps a day. The one I can count on usually is in the afternoon when the boys nap. I just feed her and lay her in the crib and she goes right to sleep (usually). She is our easiest baby to get to fall asleep. She will also get a little fussy when she is bored playing with a toy, sitting in a spot, etc but once you move her or give her a change of scenery she is happy as a clam.
Amelia loves her toys, really she doesn't care which one it is as long as she can stick it in her mouth and chew on it. A couple days ago we busted out her walker she got from Santa and she loves pushing all the colorful buttons but mainly she likes chewing on whatever she can get her hands on. She still just has her two bottom teeth but continues to drool profusely so I'm sure we will have more soon.
She loves to be in a sitting position. She can roll over both ways but rarely does it. Instead she will get cranky with her high pitched squeal until we move her to an upright position. She will turn her self but refuses to actually roll over at this point.
I tried to get some photos by my flowers that are going crazy but the lighting just wasn't great.
So instead we put on some sunglasses and her 6-months-old sticker and went back to the bench. I love how sweet she looks in pigtails and sunglasses.
This little lady still loves her feet and eating my chin. With those teeth she has actually hurt me a couple times but I continue to let her do it.
With her hair getting longer she causes some nasty little knots in the back of her head just like Colin used to get, luckily I have been able to comb them out so far.
Another favorite thing she loves to do is watch her brothers. She is always so interested in what they are doing. They can easily make her laugh the most.
Getting so big
Back side
Naked baby
Front side
We love this little gal to pieces! Happy 6 months!
3 comments:
What a doll baby!!! Precious girl!!
Sunglasses+Pigtails= PERFECT!!
Post a Comment