Last Sunday we went fishing on Grandpa Casson's boat. The boys were so excited. We started our morning at 7am and had to make a stop to get gas. During that stop we decided to get some donuts for breakfast. Liam told Chris after he got the donuts "Dada you get me a donut cause you know your kid loves sugar." They were super excited to ride in Grandpa's truck and eat donuts. They were pretty high strung on our way to the lake. Amelia stayed back with Grandma.
Boys on a boat. They instantly needed a snack.
Colin's first boat ride
Grandpa, Liam, Chris, and Colin
Boys
When the boat picked up speed Colin was not a big fan. It made him a little nervous and the high-winds really bothered his ears. We had to cover them up. I felt terrible that I didn't bring his ear plugs but I didn't even think about the air bugging him. Once we stopped in a cove to fish in the boys were very happy.
Liam liked to dip his whole fishing pole in the water.
Colin fishing!
They were having a lot of fun
Liam surprised me and stuck with it. He was being patient and hoping to get a bite.
Colin enjoyed it here and there but mostly enjoyed snacking in between casting
Grandpa caught the first fish and showed the boys. Colin tried to feed it his cookie, ha!
Touching the fish
Watching the fish swim back in the water
Chris had been casting out in one area but his allergies started getting the best of him so he handed me his pole so he could clean out his nose. I cast out and instantly caught this big guy. Chris was not too thrilled. Colin thought it was cool. Liam stayed on the back of the boat fishing, he really wanted to catch one. Eventually it dawned on me I should have had him reel it in but I wasn't even sure I had it on my line at first, sigh.
The boys were getting tired and we asked if they wanted to go play on the beach. Liam said not yet because he needed to catch a fish, luckily grandpa hooked one and Liam reeled it in. It made his day!
The boat ride back we hid Colin to keep the air off his ears. He was content where he was.
Liam cuddled with me
They were super pumped to play in the water
The water was cold but they didn't seem to mind
Chris swam out a little ways
Splashing
He would swim to me and then make an attempt to swim out towards Chris.
Playing with a stick
Daddy and Colin. He had a great first fishing trip.
We dropped the boat off in Meadview and came home. The boys and I crashed fairly quick. It was a great day out and hopefully we can do it again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment