Saturday, April 11, 2015

Sitting up and New Rooms

Two weeks ago Amelia decided she can sit up.  She was a little wobbly at first but it pretty darn steady now.  I still place the boppy behind her to cushion her potential falls.  Since she started to sit up we pulled out a toy for her one night.  Colin may have been more excited than she was, he taught her everything she needed to know.
Sibling bonding
Here is a little video of her sitting up and talking.
About 5-6 weeks ago we bunked the boys together so Amelia could have her own room.  We tried it out for a week before we moved Amelia.  It has worked out very well except for naps.  Liam will go down easily but Colin is still the most difficult two-year-old ever when it comes to napping! Colin has slept much better at night being in the same room as Liam.  Before we had moved him he was getting up 1-2 times a night (which was going on for about a month) but since being in with his older brother it has been only a couple of times.  They seem to enjoy being roomies and I hope it keeps their brotherly bond tight.  Here is how we did their room.
The beds are against the wall and I put up their names above their beds.  Liam still has his alphabet from his baby room and Colin still wanted his elephants.  I am sure it will change again in the future but right now it is a collection of various themes and they are enjoying it.
Once we moved Amelia over I worked on a project just about every night to get her room complete.  I hadn't started anything since we were not sure if we were having a boy or girl so I had a lot of catching up to do.  Here is her name
I spray painted the frame pink and made a turtle to go in it since her theme is based on her quilt with turtles
I made the alphabet after I did her name
Next up were the turtles
Her dresser still has some of Colin's old stuff.  I still need to make her lamp but for now she is using Colin's
All together. 
I am pretty happy with how it came out.  I was a little worried about the bold pink I chose but I like it!  Just need to finish her lamp and I'd like to get her some gray curtains and voila!

No comments: