Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pre-Easter

Saturday before Easter we took the boys to the Easter Egg hunt in town.  We took Liam two years ago and I wasn't super thrilled with it but I thought since Colin was old enough we'd give it a shot.  
The boys were really excited and Amelia enjoyed a little nap.

There was no count down to the start that we could hear, just a buzzer and people went running!  This was the picture of Liam bolting to the eggs before we lost him.
Colin got nervous and wanted me to come with him.  We got a late start as you can see.  I got him past some people and he was able to gather three eggs.  Then Chris noticed some in the middle of the field that had not been grabbed so Colin and I went that direction.  I got Colin in front of an egg and told him to grab it but it was swooped up by another larger kid, then I had him turn to grab another and it was swooped up by a MOM!  This mom literally scooped up a ton of eggs with both arms.  I couldn't believe it! I just stood there holding my two year olds hand and stared at her and said "Really mom?"  She then told me her daughter dropped her basket and she was just picking them up.  Her daughter's basket was overflowing with eggs and she was anywhere from 8-10 years old.  Then the mom said "oh does he need some eggs?" and grabbed some eggs from her daughters basket and threw them in Colin's.  She completely missed the point.  The last time they at least said parents needed to stay off the field unless they had little ones, but not this year so I am back to never wanting to do a community egg hunt again, ha!
When it was all over we could  not find Liam.  I was trying to remain calm but inside I was freaking out!  It only took us a couple minutes to locate him and he came back with basket of eggs and was pretty proud of himself. 
Liam and Colin checking out their eggs
Amelia continued to sleep and looked so sweet
Baby face
We let the boys play at the park for a little bit and then came home and had the boys take a nap.  Amelia slept a little bit but was the first one up.  Check out her bottom teeth.
She also had some crazy hair from her pigtails earlier in the day.
She's a sweet gal
Loving on each other
Later that evening Grandma and Sadie came over to dye eggs.  The boys were very excited to get started
Colin coloring his egg
Liam with his
Gang
I think the boys cracked about five eggs.  Amelia woke up at the end and joined us in a picture.  She really wanted to get her hands on an egg!
Family photo with eggs

I did each kiddos name.  We had a good time and were covered in dye by the end.

No comments: