Friday, October 16, 2015

Rain, Games, and Surgery

We had a little rain one recent afternoon and Amelia was able to wear her new little raincoat.  She looked adorable.
We even took a stroll to the mailbox
The kiddos in their sweet skeleton PJ's
Love my little skeleton crew
Chris had told Liam that the kids could go pick out a book one night so we made a little trip to Hastings.  Here they are ready to go check out with their new books.
Watching Aunt Sadie's volleyball game
On Friday Colin had surgery to get his ear tubes replaced, since his previous ones occluded.  The original plan was to have them fall out and see how he did...but he immediately got an ear infection so it was decided to get tubes again.  I was completely stressed out but less emotional this go around (not being pregnant probably helped that).  He was SO good. Here he is playing with the ipad before-hand.
When they were ready to wheel him back, Chris and I hugged and kissed him and he was so sweet and said "See ya later!"  Chris and I grabbed some breakfast and some special treats (for Colin).  I was able to go back soon after he was finished.  He was SO upset and really struggled this time.  He kept saying "I want to go home and sleep in my own bed!"  If the nurse asked him anything he would just scream and bat her away.  Once I finally convinced him to drink some water (which took a lot of convincing) he started to calm down.  Then we were able to move to the next room and see his daddy too.  He cuddled next to me like so and rested.  TV didn't even interest him.
Once we left we took a trip to Kmart with him were he was able to pick out a movie (Toy Story Halloween) to watch when we got home.  Colin took a pretty long nap but was ready to play with Scarlett later that evening.  We all went over to the neighbors house and had pizza.  The kids had a great time and Liam played dress up in some of Scarlett's attire.
Lastly these two monsters like to climb under the bathroom sink.  They are cute little monsters at least :)

No comments: